The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-05-2019, 07:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Well, this discussion has been fun!

- Glenn

PS: I was wondering if anyone had tried Wookie bones. The shipping costs would probably be a killer, though.
Well, Peter Mayhew, who portrayed Chewbacca in the series, just died on April 30th. Wasn't expecting that turn of events in this thread.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
PS: I was wondering if anyone had tried Wookie bones. The shipping costs would probably be a killer, though.
Yes, but you have to expect delivery at light speed to be more expensive than FedEx!
Old 05-05-2019, 09:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
Frank, maybe I'm thinking of moose antlers, then. But I can say that the majority of posts written by people who tried using deer antlers for nuts and saddles have always expressed disappointment in the tonal results. I can't recall anyone who's tried it ever saying that it was a great choice for that purpose.

whm
Ah Wade, I think I remember you posting that moose antlers make the best bridge pins and have a huge impact on tone...LOL (just kidding)
Old 05-06-2019, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmel555 View Post
Ah Wade, I think I remember you posting that moose antlers make the best bridge pins and have a huge impact on tone...LOL (just kidding)
Perhaps the Wade in a parallel universe might post that....

whm
Old 05-06-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
Matt wrote:

As with many things, it comes down to the question: "How much is your time worth?" Of course, that basic rule of time-conservation and self-preservation gets suspended when we enjoy doing things as a hobby, but degreasing old bones doesn't seem to rank too high on anybody's list of favorite things to do!

whm

Exactly! I wanted to try it and did, but it isn’t a financially viable option unless civilization ends and I have to treat my own bone so i can play music in the taverns and earn a few pennies.....
Old 05-06-2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Hayden View Post
Exactly! I wanted to try it and did, but it isn’t a financially viable option unless civilization ends and I have to treat my own bone so i can play music in the taverns and earn a few pennies.....
Perhaps there'll be a new Ice Age, the wooly mammoths will come back, and you'll find that wooly mammoth ankle bone makes the best nuts and saddles!

At that point, of course, we'll all be dressing like the folks in "Xena, The Warrior Princess," and we'll be making our guitar strings from sabertooth cat gut...

"HEEERE, Kitty, Kitty, Kitty.........."

whm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion