The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 07-14-2018, 01:10 PM

Default Song

I came across This song book and was wondering how many of us still have some. Before the internet this was the way to go
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k1ugw7rv4...Tj2VjgFNa?dl=0
Old 07-15-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilFish View Post
I came across This song book and was wondering how many of us still have some. Before the internet this was the way to go
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k1ugw7rv4...Tj2VjgFNa?dl=0
Is that lovingly hand-made, or does it just look hand-made?

As to your question - absolutely, I still have all the songbooks I ever had. Mostly bought in the 1960s, one or two in the 1970s. I sometimes still consult them too, although some are as unreliable as the average internet tab site. Maybe we should have a thread where we all post pics of our old songbooks? Hold on, maybe this is it? (where's my camera....)
Old 07-15-2018, 12:55 PM

I never bought any (fake) books. Lyrics were easy to memorize and the melodies beneath them not too long a study for me. I had a turntable and the LP for that. The only books I did buy were a book of chords and a book on Travis Style picking, both by Mel Bay, in 73.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:56 PM

I's off the shelf ( walmart ) I liked the pattern. I do like and appreciate quilts.
I saw a special on David Burns collection, cool stuff.
that's what I had in mind when starting the thread, photos of our old song books. I had such I time getting photos up I titled the thread incomplete.
Song books is what I meant
Old 07-16-2018, 11:22 AM

Although I'm 68, I've only been playing for about 4 years, so I don't have anything going back like the one shown...

But even though I've gotten most all my help online, and a short spell with one teacher, I bought 2 big Hal Leonard guitar songbooks when I started...one Country, the other Rock...

And I enjoy and use them all the time...
Old 07-16-2018, 12:18 PM

I dont have that one, but I have found recently my 30 year old copies of Eric Clapton's Crossroads fake books. The fake books are a companion to the CD box set of the same name.

Weird to think that EC's career hadn't quite spanned 30 years yet when the box set came out, and here it is another 30 years later and he's still playing (though maybe not as well as he would like too).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write