The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 10:24 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Arrow Sold!! MINT Custom Morrissey German/Koa...absolutely stunning!! **Price reduced**

Custom Morrissey German/Koa...absolutely stunning!!

Sale Pending

Incredible woods, precision build, and tone to die for...

If you're looking for that "long term keeper" guitar, this one will check that box. I had it built and absolutely love the guitar, however my playing is transitioning to smaller body guitars, or those that feel smaller. A shoulder issue is starting to show up as well. In retrospect I should have had a bevel but hindsight...after all...is 20-20.

The build thread is here, and there's pretty much everything you need to know in that thread. In fact, check out post #39 as I highlight what my veteran (40 year Taylor and Martin Certified) Luthier said about this one which was:

--"I'm amazed at this guy's attention to detail"
--"his quality and attention to detail has got a lot on Taylor"
--"the neck is perfectly straight...not like most builder's guitars I've seen over
the years that have bumps or curves or whatever"
--"I don't think I've ever seen a nut more precisely set than that one"
--"look at the detail on the inside of that guitar...wow!"
--"the tone is just amazing, and the sustain is really special"
--"I've never seen better work on the fretboard and the finishing of the frets
than what I'm seeing here"

Build Thread here:

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=490994

The thing that pleased me the most and will be the hardest thing to give up is the tone of this guitar. If you like piano-like tone, This guitar will be pleasing in every way. The guitar pics are below and this guitar also comes with a BAM case...about a $700 upgrade. Guitar and case are in MINT condition. For the record, this guitar is

A few details:

GA size: Lower bout 16"
Master grade German Spruce
Incredible (almost impossible to find) Koa
Nut width-1 3/4
String width at the saddle: 2 1/4
Sound Port
Gotoh antique gold tuners
Gold EVO frets
Five piece laminate neck
Mint condition BAM CF case (Schweet!!)

This guitar is currently sold as the Master series...the base price is $9800 before you add upcharges for woods etc.

Price: NOW SOLD plus shipping and Paypal. I am open to reasonable offers and some trades if the cash portion is at least half of the price.

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!

Last edited by invguy921; 05-22-2021 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:50 PM
Charter Member

Hi Mike - I believe this is the first Morrissey I've seen for sale on the forum. His guitars might be - and this is not hype - UNMATCHED when it comes to fit & finish and just plain gorgeousness of build. Tone is grand, really deep and concussive. Although a relatively new builder, I believe Patrick has developed enough of a following so that those watching this post will know what they're looking at. Best with the sale, this is a special instrument....Robert
Flammang SEL
SCGC 00-12 EIR/Sitka
SCGC OM Mahogany/Moon

Last edited by roberts; 05-04-2021 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-04-2021, 04:55 PM
Charter Member

Smile Wow

Mike is a long time AGF seller of fine FINE guitars, and a true gentleman as well!

I have dealt with him repeatedly and his instruments have been better than described!!! Buy from Mike with complete confidence.

I am all guitared up but this is sure a beauty!

Sounds like a builder to watch too...

Someone will be pleased!!!

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 05-04-2021, 05:03 PM

Stunning Mike. Even the truss rod cover is cool. I wish I could have another deal with you but this one exceeds my guitar budget. GLWS....

Daniels - Bedell - Guild

"Tomorrow is promised to no one"
Old 05-05-2021, 06:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
Mike is a long time AGF seller of fine FINE guitars, and a true gentleman as well!

I have dealt with him repeatedly and his instruments have been better than described!!! Buy from Mike with complete confidence.

Paul
+1 to what Paul says about Mike. Many AGF members have acquired top shelf guitars from Mike over the years and his willingness to consider quality trades + cash has often made that possible where it may otherwise have been cost prohibitive.

I was able to play Patrick's guitars at Woodstock and La Conner guitar shows and was impressed. I'll bet that German Spruce top gives this one a lovely voice. The koa back and sides aren't too shabby either. Good luck with your sale Mike.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:39 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Hi Mike - I believe this is the first Morrissey I've seen for sale on the forum. His guitars might be - and this is not hype - UNMATCHED when it comes to fit & finish and just plain gorgeousness of build. Tone is grand, really deep and concussive. Although a relatively new builder, I believe Patrick has developed enough of a following so that those watching this post will know what they're looking at. Best with the sale, this is a special instrument....Robert
Thanks Robert, and you are right I think it is the first. And again I hate to say that the first is mine. One thing Patrick is known for is precision builds...I've seen pics of his shop and it is spotless. Most people would never know that real woodwork happens there lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post

Paul
Thanks Paul! Grateful for the kind words and I feel the same about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doons View Post
Stunning Mike. Even the truss rod cover is cool. I wish I could have another deal with you but this one exceeds my guitar budget. GLWS....
Thanks Randy! Someone is going to love this guitar. It just exudes coolness

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodahdoug View Post
+1 to what Paul says about Mike. Many AGF members have acquired top shelf guitars from Mike over the years and his willingness to consider quality trades + cash has often made that possible where it may otherwise have been cost prohibitive.

I was able to play Patrick's guitars at Woodstock and La Conner guitar shows and was impressed. I'll bet that German Spruce top gives this one a lovely voice. The koa back and sides aren't too shabby either. Good luck with your sale Mike.
Doug, you and I both know great guitars in a moment of playing. This one exceeded my expectations and is a dream to play. I've already had a number of inquiries, and if this continues it should not last long.

Old 05-09-2021, 06:55 AM
Charter Member

Support bump to get this back on page 1....
Flammang SEL
SCGC 00-12 EIR/Sitka
SCGC OM Mahogany/Moon
Old 05-11-2021, 05:16 PM

Did I just bump this thread? I hate it when that happens.

Daniels - Bedell - Guild

"Tomorrow is promised to no one"
Old 05-13-2021, 10:18 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Thanks guys for the "bumps"! Much appreciated!!

I'd be hard pressed to think that there are many woods out there that are more pretty than Koa. So I took a couple of pictures to highlight some of it that may not have shown up in the earlier pictures.

The is a beautiful, pristine guitar. It plays and sounds fantastic.

Then of course is the brand new BAM case. These sell for around $800. They are super nice and very lightweight. A perfect addition to a perfect guitar!

Old 05-14-2021, 08:59 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Weekend Bump with a price decrease. I have several on the fence on this guitar, and whoever gets it will not be disappointed. It is pretty darned special.

Get with me!

Old 05-14-2021, 09:59 AM

That really is a beautiful set of Koa! I remember seeing it before the build started and even then it looked just stunning in its raw, unfinished state. I bet the laquer really makes it pop!

Beautiful guitar
Old 05-15-2021, 06:04 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanheeg View Post
That really is a beautiful set of Koa! I remember seeing it before the build started and even then it looked just stunning in its raw, unfinished state. I bet the lacquer really makes it pop!

Beautiful guitar
Thanks Dylan! It is certainly one of the most pretty sets of Koa I've ever owned or seen for that matter. And yes it's got that "3D" think going on big time. Lots of color depth and the colors tend to move around like tiger eye. Really pretty. Someone will love it!

Old 05-21-2021, 01:23 PM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Bump for a really great guitar. Koa like this is pretty darned hard to find.

Someone will love this one. Really special

Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars