The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 11-02-2018, 09:42 PM

Default Rhythm Chords

Hi,
I've been playing for many years, I know a lot of songs, and I play and sing not too bad. But it's generally cowboy campfire songs. I play with a pick only, and mix it up, picking out accent notes while chording, quite well. I'd like to step it up a bit just to make things more interesting.
I'd like to play this Hank Cochran song, done by Jamey Johnson, but I'm having trouble making it sound right. I like the rhythmic feel of the chord changes. I would have no trouble fingering any chords including barre chords. and make the changes etc. But I don't know where to start. I don't even know how to explain myself. But it just doesn't sound right. Maybe someone knows where I'm coming from and can help. Maybe I need a teacher, although I'd rather not.
I can't find much info. regarding chords for the song. The following is the song, but the presentation for study doesn't seem to help me much. So I also included the studio version. I'm missing something. I've got little patience for doing something half-assed. And I have a lot of time to learn how to do it right. But I need a kick-start!
Any help, if possible, would be appreciated. It sounds easy to me. Maybe it is, or maybe it isn't.

Thanks......Dave

https://chordu.com/chords-tabs-she-l...id_QUW7Qoo3E8Q This is the best I could find for chords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgwaf87hE-Q This is the studio original.
Mackenzie & Marr "Tofino X" OM (cedar/mahogany)
"Guitars from the past"
Gibson ES-347
Bourgeois Advanced Slope D,
Martin D-41
1964 Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Folk Cedar
Fender PM-2 Parlor All Mahogany

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write