The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 05-27-2023, 11:58 AM
Charter Member

Default Dog barks

Can barks be removed so you can't hear them at all? Does it affect anything else? My basset-beagle is a heckuva watchdog but I'm having him stay outside now and he barks a lot and that is not unexpected. But it messes up recording, even demos you want to do well.
Old 05-27-2023, 12:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveMusic View Post
Can barks be removed so you can't hear them at all? Does it affect anything else? My basset-beagle is a heckuva watchdog but I'm having him stay outside now and he barks a lot and that is not unexpected. But it messes up recording, even demos you want to do well.
Sorry no software suggestion But maybe just do a demo of "Who Let The Dogs Out"

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 05-27-2023, 12:04 PM
Charter Member

Stuff like that can be very hard to clean up. Best is just do multiple takes and hope the dog doesn’t bark in the same place, and then create a comp that’s clean.

It helps if you’re recording to a click, but if your timing is solid you can usually splice in a note or two where the barks are. And, for me, it works better if your takes are recorded sequentially so the mic positions, string age, your nails, voice, whatever, insure each take sounds essentially the same.
Old 05-27-2023, 10:47 PM
Charter Member

iZotope RX can do a pretty amazing job of removing noises, hard to know if it would work for your case - often depends on how bad the noise is and if it collides with the music frequencies. But if you can't do as Keith suggested - comping parts together, it's worth a try.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD