The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-04-2023, 01:33 AM

Default Yamaha NTX1

I play every night for between 1.5 to 2 hours. I rotate between three guitars -- my Martin, my Taylor and my Yamaha. That is, each night I play a different one of the three, and occasionally use the classical for traditional Mexican music.

For about a week I've only used the Yamaha (a nylon electric [hybrid]) to do everything on my playlist of 56 songs. It's the least expensive guitar that I own, but I really love its versatility. It has a narrow neck like my steel string guitars, and a 23-5/8" radiused fingerboard.

https://derringers.com.au/yamaha-ntx...c-guitar-black

I'd like to know if there are other hybrid guitars like this one (with similar necks) by other manufacturers with better woods. The body shape is not that important to me, but the closer to the NTX1 body the better.

I'm aware of the Yamaha NTX3, but I'd like some other options.

This is NOT a classical guitar, and belongs in this section of the forum. It's a replacement for steel acoustic guitars for those who like the sweet sound of nylon strings -- great for finger style, jazz, etc.
Benito Huipe Classical (Paracho, Mx)
Yamaha NTX1

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion