The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-04-2015, 01:08 PM

Very nice job. There is just something really cool about setting up a mike in your workshop with workbench in the background and producing that!!!!

I know this is the AGF and the guitar is centerstage, but I am afraid Lea stole the show for me on this one. Great voice, reminded me very much of Alison Krauss right? The fiddle and the guitar really sounded great together.

Great demo.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:54 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
I know this is the AGF and the guitar is centerstage, but I am afraid Lea stole the show for me on this one. Great voice, reminded me very much of Alison Krauss right? The fiddle and the guitar really sounded great together.
No doubt about that -- Léa is a force to be reckoned with! I've been looking for an excuse to get her to record a demo for a while and with a western themed guitar like this, some country songs seemed like the perfect fit. As you can tell from the second demo, she's also pretty influenced by Dolly Parton...

I might record another quick demo in the days to come with some un-capoed slow strums and scales just so you can get a better idea of the richness of this guitar. I really just couldn't pass up a good opportunity to get some quality recordings of these two!

Mike
instagram
Old 03-05-2015, 04:34 PM

Congrats on all the accolades you have received over this guitar... well deserved. I think a demo as you say with just the guitar is in order.

She may be influenced by Dolly, but she is better than Dolly IMO. I hope she is making a living with her voice!

Tom
Old 03-18-2015, 08:25 AM
AGF Sponsor

I'm quite excited to be hopping on a plane in a couple of hours and taking this one out to the auction in Montana! Before I go I thought I'd post some final pictures....

And, as I mentioned earlier I thought it would be good to record a very simple demo. It was definitely an experiment to build a flat top guitar with f-holes, but hopefully you can see that there's no limitation to the richness of tone!

Now, time to finish packing!

Mike
instagram

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop