The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 09-09-2019, 02:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Blake View Post
"The Music of Mason Williams" is a book that comes with a music CD and includes Classical Gas.

Didn't find any of the lessons online or elsewhere perfectly accurate, but the book CD includes a version of Mason Williams himself playing the song on acoustic guitar with zero accompaniment -- just him on the guitar.

I took a software program I have an slowed it waaaaaay down, and practiced each passage until it sounded right.

The program is for Mac called 33 RPM, and VLC should work also.

I do believe getting the original unorchestrated performance is the way to best learn the piece.

Amazon also has it for sale used at lower price.

https://www.amazon.com/Classical-Gas...s=books&sr=1-1
The only version I've ever liked, even compared to the original orchestrated version, was the one a friend learned from the sheet music for solo guitar. Still love that version and I'm guessing that this is the same score for it. Nice!
Friedman DS40, Marshall 6101, 401, RedPlate Phoenix, Splawn Street Rod, Budda SD18

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Tags
classical gas