The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-09-2019, 06:03 AM
$ongWriter $ongWriter is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lafayette, TN....near Nashville
Posts: 3,410
Default Molly Tuttle

Went to Nashville last night...best 10$ ticket I've ever purchased. Charlie Worsham has a show called, "Every Monday" at The Basement East. (standing room only venue that holds 400 folks)...it was Mississippi night...Not every performer was "from" Mississippi...but all the songs were...Molly Tuttle....HOLY COW!!!...first time I've ever seen her in person (I was 10 feet away)...what a true talent....and her "Pre-War" guitar...WOW.....
__________________
41' D-18
42' D-18
48' D-28
26' 2-17
47' 00-17
49' OO-18 shade top
D-28LSH
OMJM
OM-28 RC
M3M
D-18
Taylor GA-4
Gibby 42 J-35
Gibby 51 J-45
Gibby 63 LG-1
Fender 70 Tele
Fender 73 Strat
Fender 73 P bass
Tele style "homemade" x 2!!
PRS's a buch of them!.love em all!!!

Last edited by Kerbie; 07-09-2019 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Removed profanity; Edited
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-09-2019, 06:12 AM
llew llew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Coastal South Carolina
Posts: 10,042
Default

Molly is an amazing talent. A good friends daughter was her bass player for quite some time. I'd like to see Charlie Worsham too. Those small venue "concerts" are always the best. Glad you had fun...and yes worth every bit of $10!
__________________
Jim
You can never do the wrong thing by doing the right thing...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-09-2019, 06:12 AM
rokdog49 rokdog49 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 10,779
Default

She's an incredible talent.
She can really play a guitar too!
Seriously, she has the "it" factor.

I'm sure I would want to quit playing if I saw her in person.
__________________
Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster.

“Some of life’s best lessons are learned at the worst times.”
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-09-2019, 06:19 AM
FOG01 FOG01 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 528
Default

Compared to the >$100 you can easily spend these days to see a concert, sounds like you got your $'s worth and then some!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-09-2019, 06:19 AM
colder colder is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Exeter
Posts: 487
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by $ongWriter View Post
Went to Nashville last night...best 10$ ticket I've ever purchased. Charlie Worsham has a show called, "Every Monday" at The Basement East. (standing room only venue that holds 400 folks)...it was Mississippi night...Not every performer was "from" Mississippi...but all the songs were...Molly Tuttle....HOLY COW!!!...first time I've ever seen her in person (I was 10 feet away)...what a true talent....and her "Pre-War" guitar...WOW.....
Ew. But yes, she's a great player and deserves to be recognized as such.

Last edited by Kerbie; 07-09-2019 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Edited quote; Adjusted accordingly
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-09-2019, 07:17 AM
catfish catfish is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 603
Default

I am a big fan, too! I can see her only via Youtube, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-09-2019, 07:24 AM
Kh1967's Avatar
Kh1967 Kh1967 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois - Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 3,509
Default

Sounds like a terrific evening. Glad you had that wonderful experience!
__________________
Hope. Love. Music.
Collings || Gibson
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-09-2019, 07:33 AM
roylor4 roylor4 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: McLeansville, NC
Posts: 7,082
Default

Molly is monster talent. Sounds like a great time.
__________________
Roy


Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch
G&L Tribute, Squier, Orange,
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19

My Solo site -Updated 2/6/19
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-09-2019, 07:40 AM
gfspencer gfspencer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,096
Default

She is a fantastic player/singer.
__________________
D-1 Authentic 1931, D-35 (Brazilian), D-28 (Brazilian), D-28 Short Scale Custom (Amazon), D-21 Special, D-18SS, D12-35 50th Anniversary, D12-28,
Pete Seeger J12 SO Baritone, Grand J12-16GTE, 00-17 Authentic 1931, CEO7, 00-17 Whiskey Sunset, 0-18
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-09-2019, 08:09 AM
jaymarsch jaymarsch is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras
Posts: 7,282
Default

I love those kind of musical experiences! Yes, Molly is the real deal.

Best,
Jayne
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-09-2019, 08:11 AM
ChrisE ChrisE is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llew View Post
Molly is an amazing talent. A good friends daughter was her bass player for quite some time. I'd like to see Charlie Worsham too. Those small venue "concerts" are always the best. Glad you had fun...and yes worth every bit of $10!
My daughter went to high school with Hassee. They still keep in touch. I saw Molly Tuttle play in their back yard few years ago.
__________________
2015 Martin D-18
1982 Martin HD-28
2013 Taylor 314ce
2004 Fender Telecaster MIM
2010 Martin DCX1RE
1984 Sigma DM3
Fender Mustang III v2
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-09-2019, 08:14 AM
llew llew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Coastal South Carolina
Posts: 10,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
My daughter went to high school with Hassee. They still keep in touch. I saw Molly Tuttle play in their back yard few years ago.
Yeah...still kicking myself...I was supposed to be there too but completely forgot about it?!?

You gotta come to the Friday after Thanksgiving Jam this year. Hassee will be there with Nellie and Craig. Lot of good players join that song circle.
__________________
Jim
You can never do the wrong thing by doing the right thing...

Last edited by Kerbie; 07-09-2019 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Please refrain from profanity
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-09-2019, 09:17 AM
ChrisE ChrisE is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llew View Post
Yeah...still kicking myself...I was supposed to be there too but completely forgot about it?!?

You gotta come to the Friday after Thanksgiving Jam this year. Hassee will be there with Nellie and Craig. Lot of good players join that song circle.
I'd love to if we're in town. Thanks.
__________________
2015 Martin D-18
1982 Martin HD-28
2013 Taylor 314ce
2004 Fender Telecaster MIM
2010 Martin DCX1RE
1984 Sigma DM3
Fender Mustang III v2
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-09-2019, 09:27 AM
Ozarkpicker's Avatar
Ozarkpicker Ozarkpicker is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 820
Default

Molly is pretty great, and one of the most amazing pickers I've ever seen. To watch a video in slo-mo of her crosspicking blows my mind completely. She is an insane talent, and I'm really glad she getting the recognition she deserves.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-09-2019, 09:39 AM
llew llew is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Coastal South Carolina
Posts: 10,042
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarkpicker View Post
Molly is pretty great, and one of the most amazing pickers I've ever seen. To watch a video in slo-mo of her crosspicking blows my mind completely. She is an insane talent, and I'm really glad she getting the recognition she deserves.
Yeah...me too. Like you say...she certainly deserves it!
__________________
Jim
You can never do the wrong thing by doing the right thing...
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Thread Tools





All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=