The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-19-2023, 12:58 AM

Default SCREECHING HALT D'addario & Fishman rare earth blend

I have a SCREECHING HALT feedback reducer from D'addario, and i want to cut It and use with the Fishman rare earth mic blend. Someone try this solution?
If yes, How do you cut the cap?

https://www.daddario.com/products/ac...reeching-halt/

Sorry for my bad english, i Hope you understand
Old 04-19-2023, 09:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatcat View Post
I have a SCREECHING HALT feedback reducer from D'addario, and i want to cut It and use with the Fishman rare earth mic blend. Someone try this solution?
If yes, How do you cut the cap?
Plenty of forum members and musicians I see use these with soundhole-controlled pickups like the Fishman Sonitones, using shears or sharp scissors or a blade (careful!) to cut away enough access to make room for the wheels. But I've never seen anyone use them with a soundhole-mounted pickup like this one. And I don't know what effect covering most of the soundhole would have on the mic in it.

It's just a matter of measuring before you cut, and having a sharp enough tool to do it well.
Old 04-19-2023, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Plenty of forum members and musicians I see use these with soundhole-controlled pickups like the Fishman Sonitones, using shears or sharp scissors or a blade (careful!) to cut away enough access to make room for the wheels. But I've never seen anyone use them with a soundhole-mounted pickup like this one. And I don't know what effect covering most of the soundhole would have on the mic in it.

It's just a matter of measuring before you cut, and having a sharp enough tool to do it well.
You might look at the Fishman Neo-buster to get an idea of how to mount your magnetic pickup in a Screeching Halt.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
feedback, fishman