The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-10-2023, 01:50 PM

Default Stanford deja vu om (old mommy 28)

Hello!
Please forgive my English I am new here and need some help to organise my toughts..

Ive been an electric rocker for almost all of my guitar picking life. But more recently my interest has moved to acoustics. Budget is 1400 eur maximum.

After being in the market for a Usa Guild Dv52 1999 Ive stumbled upon OM models and in particular a Stanford OM or Old Mommy 28. It plays great, sounds super open and articulate and rings for days.

While i was in the store playing the guitar, the salesman from Stanford and imusic network, distrubutor in europe ( also the guys after Maybach electrics) was coincidentaly visiting the store and we had a fun talk. He told me they guitar i was playing comes from the eastman factory. Spec wise its the same as the e8om (solid sitka, solid rosewoord back, mahogany neck) but with a pau ferro fretboard and bridge. The fact that imusic is behind Stanford now encourages me and I can also get a good deal with the owner of the store. Btw the curent standords come from a different factory in china and are, so the imusic guy says, even better..

Then again: i have not played any other om’s that are in the same price range or higher so i can’t compare it with an eastman for example.

So what do you think i shoud do?
Just chill buy the stanford and have fun? Or check Eastmans out in my neighbourhood?

Last edited by Echoradio; 04-10-2023 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2023, 04:04 PM

It’s always worthwhile to check out Eastman guitars if you have some nearby to test. I can’t give you any information on Stanford guitars, but if you like the guitar and it seems like a good price, it’s worth considering.

Hope this helps.

Wade Hampton Miller

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
eastman, martin, orchestra model, stanford