The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-11-2022, 02:47 PM

Default Waverly Tuner issues on Martin OM-28 MD 2019 (loose washer)

Hi there - I recently had an issue where a small piece of the tuner came loose on my guitar. (see picture below)

I couldn't figure out a way to fix it.

I contacted StewMac and they are sending a replacement tuner but I wanted to put this out there in case anyone else had a similar issue.

Here's a picture.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rGf...ew?usp=sharing

Old 10-11-2022, 04:44 PM

It is a threaded collar, which should be installed with Loctite. This is an all too common issue with Waverlys.
Old 10-11-2022, 04:54 PM

Thanks John -

After it came loose the first day I spent probably 30 minutes trying to finagle it back onto the tuner body and it wouldn't go in, but I was almost certain it should. So I did some research and ended up contacting StewMac who is sending out a new tuner. Then today I was fiddling with it some more and within about 1 minute the threads bit and I was able to screw it back into place.

There must be a reason they don't glue that thing in place and are happy to just replace quickly them if anything happens...but great customer service.

And anyway - in my case it seems like that piece just backed itself out and needed some patience and the right touch to get it lined up and threaded back in.

At least now I'll have a spare tuner handy!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
martin, moden-deluxe, tuners, waverly