The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-21-2020, 03:02 PM

Default Need a case for a Guild M-240E Troubadour

Hey, guys-

Can anybody recommend a good case for the late model Guild Troubadour, the M-240E? I've been all over the web and talked to my usual vendor but no one has anything that really fits.

I'd prefer, in this order, a polyfoam block case, a wood hardshell, or a REALLY good, well padded gig bag.

Oh, yeah...I need to find something well under $100. I've gotten dozens of dreadnought and concert cases for that price but the Troubadour, which seems to be equivalent to a Martin size "0" turns out to be very hard to fit.

All realistic suggestions welcome!
Old 12-21-2020, 03:31 PM

Nice guitar. Think the Guild polyfoam concert size case may fit. Got one with my Guild.

G
Old 12-21-2020, 03:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycler View Post
Hey, guys-

Can anybody recommend a good case for the late model Guild Troubadour, the M-240E? I've been all over the web and talked to my usual vendor but no one has anything that really fits.

I'd prefer, in this order, a polyfoam block case, a wood hardshell, or a REALLY good, well padded gig bag.

Oh, yeah...I need to find something well under $100. I've gotten dozens of dreadnought and concert cases for that price but the Troubadour, which seems to be equivalent to a Martin size "0" turns out to be very hard to fit.

All realistic suggestions welcome!
Hardshell case for that size for a good price, though top of your budget or above.
https://reverb.com/item/34353265-gui...b2001-bl-black

Guild does sell the exact one for your guitar (the one that comes standard with the step up 120e), but it's not cheap:
https://shop.guildguitars.com/produc...v=7516fd43adaa

Given the shape is a little bit all their own, you won't find a perfect fit aftermarket in a hard case, so you may want to explore good, modern rigid gig bags.

There are some geat and sturdy gig bags out there for 00 and Classical guitars that are a great option.
Old 12-21-2020, 03:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
the Troubadour, which seems to be equivalent to a Martin size "0" turns out to be very hard to fit.
Also, it is definitely not a Martin size 0 - which I have 2 of and have tried to put my M sized guild in and they do not fit. Similarly, while they are closer to a Martin 00, they don't quite fit in there, either.
Old 12-21-2020, 04:17 PM

Default Thanks, Gr81dom

Than ks for your input. I have never handled a Martin "0" size. My posting was based on several web posting listing an "0" size as 13" wide at the lower bout. My Guild measures 13 1/4.

Classical cases are definitely too big.
Old 12-21-2020, 04:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Than ks for your input. I have never handled a Martin "0" size. My posting was based on several web posting listing an "0" size as 13" wide at the lower bout. My Guild measures 13 1/4.

Classical cases are definitely too big.
Classical case will be too big, but classical gig bags and 00 gig bags are usually about perfect.

For reference, the Martin 00 hard case will be a little too big, but the Martin 00 gig bag (I have one of the premium ones that came w/ a 00-16e) is a fabulous fit for the M Guild.

Anything bigger in a gig bag will probably have some slop.
Old 12-21-2020, 04:44 PM

Default Thanks again

Sounds like good advice. I'm seeing some good candidates on Reverb now. Two days ago there were hardly any candidates.

Alas, genuine Martin cases and bags are out of my price range.

Jim
Old 11-23-2021, 06:12 PM

hey all! I'm in this same predicament right now. struggling to figure out what out there could work.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gator/G...74228064527.gc

that seems like an option but a little more than what I was hoping to spend. i only spent 250 on the guitar itself. but it will be my travel guitar, so I need a case :/
Old 11-23-2021, 09:26 PM

Default Failing memory

Sorry to report that I never really solved this issue.

As I recall, I bought what was supposed to be the correct gig bag but had to return it because it was too short in the neck area.

I eventually sold the guitar to a fellow who wanted to keep it at home and didn't need a case.

Good luck with your search. By happenstance, I bought a used Guild Jumbo Junior a few days ago and it came with a very nice gig bag. That bag might be just the thing for the Troubadour but I'd recommend that you try before you buy, if possible.

Good luck!
Old 11-23-2021, 09:58 PM

well this sure wasn't what i wanted to hear. hahahah. thank you so much for coming back to update me!
Old 11-24-2021, 06:11 AM
Charter Member

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ig-bag-concert
Old 11-24-2021, 06:47 AM
Charter Member

Not sure if youre still looking, but Ive been happy with my Gator Transit case for multiple dreds. This is a smaller 00 version. I find they size them to fit various models, none perfectly, but most pretty good. Light weight too.

Sorry, cant make link work , but sweetwater search for gator transit series will get you there.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 11-24-2021, 02:57 PM

thank you! looks like a little more than I want to spend, but it's on the list!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
0 size, 13-inch, parlor