The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-27-2018, 10:47 AM

Default J-45 12 Fret

Does anyone know where Gibson J-45 12 frets are available commercially - hopefully a storefront where I could actually handle one? I have in inquiry in to Gibson - no response yet. Nothing at Guitar Center. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2018, 11:01 AM
Guest 1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggyboo View Post
Does anyone know where Gibson J-45 12 frets are available commercially - hopefully a storefront where I could actually handle one? I have in inquiry in to Gibson - no response yet. Nothing at Guitar Center. Thanks!
Guitar Showcase in San Jose, CA has one. At least they did a few weeks ago. It's a good one so it won't last long if it's still there.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggyboo View Post
Wildwood Guitars in Colorado might have them in stock.

https://wildwoodguitars.com/
Old 04-27-2018, 11:17 AM
Guest 1928

Since Gibson doesn't allow most dealers to post what they have in stock, it's pretty hard to find anything specific. With business practices like that it's a wonder Gibson isn't in financial trouble.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mking View Post
Wildwood Guitars in Colorado might have them in stock.

https://wildwoodguitars.com/
Wildwood has 4 Southern Jumbo 12 frets ... they are the pricier "Ultimate" model with torrified tops. One of them is used at not much of a discount.

Goodall, Martin, Wingert
Old 04-27-2018, 01:37 PM

For the life of me what positive business move would come from not allow businesses to not be allowed to advertise there stock, the stock that came from the company that won't allow them to advertise there own stock, I just can't wrap my head around some the rules Gibson created for there retailer. Like Buck said, is it surprising there in the mess they are in currently?

Martin OOO-28
Martin J-40
Martin D-28
Martin D-16h on loan

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
12 fret, gibson, j-45