The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-29-2013, 10:39 AM

Default craftsman guitar ?????

First off Im new to this forum so just want to say hello.
Im a rubbish guiutar player from ireland but it hasnt stopped me yet.
Must be the irish in me
I have a couple guitars that Im pretty sure are vintage.
One for sure cos I have over thirty years myself and The guy I purchased it from bought it in the west end of london second hand prior to that.
Its a craftsman and I cant find anything online about it, so was hoping maybe somebody might know some thing.
It is a beautiful japanese acoustic thats based on the martin D 35.
I was hoping that somebody might have heard of them and shed a bit of light on it.

The other one I just purchased over the weekend and its a tanglewood, its the tanglewood earth 1000.
The person I purchased it from said they bought second hand over 20 years ago in a music store in purnell street in dublin city.
Heres a link to some pics.

Thanks Guys
Old 08-29-2013, 10:48 AM

This is all I found

Source: Guitar Bluebook
Instruments previously produced in Japan between the late 1970s and mid-1980s. Craftsman built entry level to medium quality copies of American designs.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:53 AM

From my reference material, I found:

Craftsman. Previuosly produced in Japan during the late 1070s through mid-1980s. "The Guru's Guitar Guide" by Tony Bacon and Paul Day.

Tanglewood. 1991-current. Owners Dirk Kommer and Tony Flatt in Biggin Hill, United Kingdom import guitars from China. The European Music Company, Ltd. contact Musiquip Inc.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-M View Post
This is all I found

Source: Guitar Bluebook
Instruments previously produced in Japan between the late 1970s and mid-1980s. Craftsman built entry level to medium quality copies of American designs.
Thank you very much Mr M,
Thats more info than I previously had.

Re; Brian A
The tanglewood I purchased was made in korea, its boreinto the back of the neck.
Also its much different to the newer ones produced in the U.K cos the logo doesnt go in between the tuners at the top of the headstock, it goes across the head. Havent seen any like it yet.

Thanks for your help.

Bren.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
craftsman, irish, martin d35