The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-16-2023, 07:01 PM

Default Guild M140 or OM140CE: replace or add pick up?

Hi everyone! A bit of brainstorming: the Guild M140 Westerly is the perfect shape for me, but it has no pick up - the OM140CE comes with a pickup, and honestly I think it sounds terrible and would need to replace it in case I got that one. Also, the OM was less comfortable. Do you think it's easier to have the pickup replaced or make the hole and add it new? Can that kind of cheap guitar (although it s solid wood) take it? Also, which pick up would you recommend? Thank you
Old 05-17-2023, 05:11 AM

If you’re going to put in your own pickup, better to not pay for a pickup already installed that you won’t use. It’s a very easy job for any luthier to install a pickup, regardless if there’s already one installed or not. The K and K pure mini is a great sounding, inexpensive pickup. It is passive though, so you’ll want a preamp if playing through a PA.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
concert, guild, m140, pickup