The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-13-2021, 03:53 PM

Default Yamaha LL56 Pricing?

Hey all, I've been thinking about picking up a Yamaha LL56 since I've heard nothing but good things about the L series. I was originally also considering a Martin D-41 and a Guild D-55, but it seems like Yamaha is really consistent when it comes to their higher-end acoustics (which I definitely value when buying a guitar online).

I'm new to the forum and this will be my first high-end acoustic, so I'm unsure about how much of a discount I could reasonably hope to get on the LL-56. From what I've read here, it seems that a standard pre-COVID discount for a Martin was 40% off MSRP. I was wondering if there's any similar system for a Yamaha: the LL56's MSRP is $7300 on the Yamaha website and it is listed on Sweetwater for $4000 (which I assume is the MAP).

Would appreciate any advice on what sort of discount (10%? 20%?) I could hope to get off of the $4000 listed price. It would also be great to hear from owners of L series guitars, both regarding their impressions of these guitars and their experiences with getting a discount on them. Thanks!
Old 04-13-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornoffthecob View Post
....I've heard nothing but good things about the L series....
I think you're going to hear nothing but good things about any $4,000 guitar. I could very well be out of touch, but when I hear "high-end guitar," Yamaha does not readily come to mind (although the LL56 is obviously up there). I'm obviously biased, but I'd take another good look at the Guild D55. Or better yet, the F55 or F55 Maple (a true jumbo).

Guild F50R -- forerunner of the rosewood backed F55:

2018 Guild F-512 Sunburst -- 2007 Guild F412 Ice Tea burst
2002 Guild JF30-12 Whiskeyburst -- 2011 Guild F-50R Sunburst
2011 Guild GAD D125-12 NT -- 
1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string
2012 Epiphone Dot CH
 -- 2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

2013 Yamaha Motif XS7

Cougar's Soundcloud page
Old 04-13-2021, 05:07 PM

I'm one of the guys spreading kind--make that superlative--words about the LL56. I have one, purchased not long ago from Music Zoo for about $3,700. Not an exaggeration to say the the 56 Yammies have rocked my guitar world! At one point I had all 3, LL, LJ, and LS. I let the LJ go but I play one of the remaining guys almost nightly. Lately it's been the LS for the comfort factor but the tone of the LL stands apart; words like magnificent come to mind. I've had Martins and Santa Cruzs and neither label impressed me as much as my Yammies. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your quest!
Old 04-13-2021, 05:07 PM
Charter Member

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-jumbo-natural
I assume this is the listing you were alluding to. The problem I believe you will face is actually finding one of these unicorns. I put my name on their notification list, which maybe as far as it goes.I seem to recall some EBay listings of the 56 and 26, which I have read share much of the same DNA, except for the bling. But those sellers are in Japan. And importing a rosewood guitar may add an irresolvable element of complexity.
Good luck with your quest. These guitars are unicorns.
David
Old 04-13-2021, 05:13 PM

Bought my LS from Sweetwater for price comparable to Music Zoo's. Great transaction, you just have to be patient while the next batch gets built in Japan.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCCougar View Post
I think you're going to hear nothing but good things about any $4,000 guitar. I could very well be out of touch, but when I hear "high-end guitar," Yamaha does not readily come to mind (although the LL56 is obviously up there). I'm obviously biased, but I'd take another good look at the Guild D55. Or better yet, the F55 or F55 Maple (a true jumbo).

Guild F50R -- forerunner of the rosewood backed F55:
That guitar looks amazing! Definitely a fan of the Guild fretboard inlays, very stylish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
I'm one of the guys spreading kind--make that superlative--words about the LL56. I have one, purchased not long ago from Music Zoo for about $3,700. Not an exaggeration to say the the 56 Yammies have rocked my guitar world! At one point I had all 3, LL, LJ, and LS. I let the LJ go but I play one of the remaining guys almost nightly. Lately it's been the LS for the comfort factor but the tone of the LL stands apart; words like magnificent come to mind. I've had Martins and Santa Cruzs and neither label impressed me as much as my Yammies. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your quest!
Thank you, that sounds great! Doesn't look like the Music Zoo has any in stock right now but nice to hear that they do stock them. Yeah, the 56s seem fantastic (at least you liked them enough to get all 3!) and it's good to hear that they compare favorably to Martins and Santa Cruzs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberate1 View Post
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-jumbo-natural
I assume this is the listing you were alluding to. The problem I believe you will face is actually finding one of these unicorns. I put my name on their notification list, which maybe as far as it goes.I seem to recall some EBay listings of the 56 and 26, which I have read share much of the same DNA, except for the bling. But those sellers are in Japan. And importing a rosewood guitar may add an irresolvable element of complexity.
Good luck with your quest. These guitars are unicorns.
David
Yeah, seems like they're tough to get, will probably have to do some searching in order to get my hands on one of them. Thanks! Hopefully I won't have to wait too long

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
discount, yamaha, yamaha ll