The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 10-02-2020, 06:11 AM

Default Preston Thompson Custom 000-12 Fret

I am selling a fabulous guitar, which was made to my specs in 2019. I was sold on Preston Thompson guitars after owning my first PKT 00 SB. The build quality and vintage tone of these guitars, I believe, are as good as any being made today. This one has a fine-grained Lutz spruce top, which excels for finger-style playing, and a gorgeous set of Madagascar rosewood back and sides. The guitar remains in mint condition with only the slightest signs of handling. I do not think I have played it for more than 10 hours in the year and a half since I’ve owned it. The tone is exceptional now and, I’m sure, will continue to get better the more it’s played. I’m sure the pre-war scalloped Adirondack bracing contributes to that. It has a 1 ¾” nut and 2 ¼” string spacing. I absolutely love the dark sunburst! I also had them install a K&K pickup, so it sounds equally good amplified.
The guitar features some very unusual black pearl inlays on the headstock and 12th fret, which are based on a large sculpture I made of a pair of whales’ tails called “Reverence”(see art history textbook, A World of Art, on which it is featured). The gold engraved Waverly tuners also have black pearl knobs. While these inlays hold personal meaning to me, they will also ensure that this guitar will remain completely unique (I own the copyright to this particular design). I love herringbone and it is well represented - around the rosette, top purfling and backstrip.
Why am I selling such a beautiful guitar? I ask myself that question often, but the answer is simply that I love vintage instruments and selling this guitar is the only way I can afford another vintage instrument, which has caught my eye. I will only sell it, if I can regain enough of my initial investment to justify parting with it. It cost $9,500. to build. I am asking $8,000. I’m happy to provide Build Sheet, more photos or other information by request. Please email me at: [email protected] . All Forum rules apply. Here is my Reverb add for more photos: https://reverb.com/item/36057702-pre...-2019-sunburst

Last edited by soundshape; 10-20-2020 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Decided not to sell
Old 10-02-2020, 09:26 AM
Charter Member

What a gorgeous guitar. I can only imagine how incredible it sounds. And the adornments are pretty special. Good luck with your sale.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:03 PM

Thanks, Kevin. I hope you are enjoying your new PKT!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
000, 12 fret, preston thompson, sunburst, vintage style