The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-18-2015, 03:31 PM

Default Harley Benton CLF 200 NT

Hey everyone. I was looking for an acoustic to travel around Asia with, that would be good enough to play shows with but cheap enough to bash it about and take it to the beach.
I opted for a Harley Benton CLF 200 NT and I'm very pleased I did. Thing is I couldn't find any decently recorded videos on YT to hear the guitar before buying it. So I decided to do one myself. Just in case any of you were wondering about the guitar here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0b3...ature=youtu.be

The guitar looks and sounds great and was set up perfect straight out the box. Well worth considering for a cheap but great guitar.
Cheers
DP
Old 10-18-2015, 04:10 PM

Well done, sir...well done. Great chops.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikey View Post
Well done, sir...well done. Great chops.
Very kind sir, thanks. The guitar really is a pleasure to play. I felt it deserved a video
Old 10-19-2015, 08:26 AM

Really nice video, thanks for posting it. Now you've got me thinking about one for travel. Could you describe the neck and how it feels, I've got small hands and hesitate to order something without being able to personally play it first.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddchase View Post
Really nice video, thanks for posting it. Now you've got me thinking about one for travel. Could you describe the neck and how it feels, I've got small hands and hesitate to order something without being able to personally play it first.
Hey maddchase
The neck is really comfortable, nice round C shape, not too thick, not too thin. I have big ish hands but don't like necks too thick on acoustics as I do a lot of moving around the fretboard on solo gigs and can't be arsed to fight with a baseball bat neck. I can really recommend this guitar. I'm sat here playing it now, it's a treat especially for the price.

Cheers
D
Old 01-12-2016, 07:22 AM

I just got a Harley Benton 850 Ovation copy that is great for tge price!Very good looking and a steal for 77 bucks!
Old 01-12-2016, 07:36 AM

Enjoyed watching that. Thanks for posting it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
acoustic, blues, folk, harleybenton