The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-19-2020, 04:54 PM

This seagull is magnificent. enjoy it.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
Howdy, selphp. Welcome to the forum.

Yeah, I think it’s wise to separate the guitars by grouping them by national origin. In my music room I’ve got all of my American-made guitars on one side of the room and the Canadian-made guitars on the other, because the American guitars are totally oblivious to the Canadians, while the Canadian guitars are resentful of the USA instruments and want to build a wall and make the American guitars pay for it.

Of course, there are divisions between the Canadian guitars themselves, usually about which Tim Horton doughnut flavors are the best. They can really get into it, with the French Canadian guitars (Seagulls and Simon & Patricks) flinging poutine at my Vancouver Larrivees and muttering dire insults in Québécois French, then the Larrivees respond with hockey sticks and rude gastrointestinal noises.

One of the things that really irks the Vancouver Larrivees is - when they’re mistakenly left on the Godin guitars’ side - is that they have to speak French, or the Seagulls will pretend that they can’t understand them....

Basically when I go in there I have to wear one of those sky blue helmets that UN peacekeeping forces wear when they’re called in to keep warring sides apart.

Anyway, selphp, I’m glad that you’ve joined us. Let me know if I can help you when your guitars start hissing at each other and you’re afraid to intervene for fear of losing a finger or two.

Thanks again for participating with us!

Wade Hampton Miller
Thanks Wade, too bad I only have the 2 Canadians, for now so hopefully there will not be much fighting among them. Here is a photo of them hanging out with some Japanese, Mexican, Usa and even a mixed Yairi that has a Modulus USA neck and Japan body. I do have some Canadian speakers in ther though, so I think that counts

Last edited by selphp30; 10-20-2020 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsong View Post
By day I am an ornithologist. When I saw your post I thought "I can help!". But alas I am late to the party. Nonetheless, here ya go for next time:

Identification guide: five common (sea)gulls of Eastern Canada

https://www.canada.ca/en/environment...ification.html
I looked in there but didnt see on with same wingspan this one has
Old 10-19-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:
By the way, that really is a showstopper of a guitar. I’ll join Ed66 in saying that that’s by far and away the fanciest Seagull I’ve ever seen.

whm
Maybe Seagull stopped going for fancier stuff on the guitars to stay with the more player style affordable guitar that could be sold for less without bling to raise the price.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selphp30 View Post
Thanks Wade, too bad I only have the 2 Canadians, for now so hopefully there will not be much fighting among them. Here is a photo of them hanging out with some Japanese, Mexican, Usa and even a mixed Yari that has a Modulus USA neck and Japan body. I do have some Canadian speakers in ther though, so I think that counts

Beautiful guitars! You're fine until the Stanley Cup Playoffs start and then you'll have to separate them. Canadians are easy going but when it comes to hockey the rough stuff starts
Old 10-20-2020, 03:23 PM

Thanks, I guess they would end up missing strings instead of teeth.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by selphp30 View Post
Thanks, I guess they would end up missing strings instead of teeth.
LOL! Beautiful guitars and enjoy your Seagull.
Old 10-21-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Howdy, selphp. Welcome to the forum.

Yeah, I think it’s wise to separate the guitars by grouping them by national origin. In my music room I’ve got all of my American-made guitars on one side of the room and the Canadian-made guitars on the other, because the American guitars are totally oblivious to the Canadians, while the Canadian guitars are resentful of the USA instruments and want to build a wall and make the American guitars pay for it.

Of course, there are divisions between the Canadian guitars themselves, usually about which Tim Horton doughnut flavors are the best. They can really get into it, with the French Canadian guitars (Seagulls and Simon & Patricks) flinging poutine at my Vancouver Larrivees and muttering dire insults in Québécois French, then the Larrivees respond with hockey sticks and rude gastrointestinal noises.

One of the things that really irks the Vancouver Larrivees is - when they’re mistakenly left on the Godin guitars’ side - is that they have to speak French, or the Seagulls will pretend that they can’t understand them....

Basically when I go in there I have to wear one of those sky blue helmets that UN peacekeeping forces wear when they’re called in to keep warring sides apart.

Anyway, selphp, I’m glad that you’ve joined us. Let me know if I can help you when your guitars start hissing at each other and you’re afraid to intervene for fear of losing a finger or two.

Thanks again for participating with us!

Wade Hampton Miller
Wade I always look forward to you comments and I learn bunch from you when you post. But this was something else. As a proud Canadian I totally agree with it all. Now keep your sticks on the ice and happy strumming.
Old 02-04-2021, 08:24 AM

Well - after all this time, I'm glad I found someone else who has this guitar. I'm the original owner of my 97, and this guitar is a champ. I got it not because of the fancy inlay work, but because at the time, it was the only solid rosewood model that Seagull was producing. I would have much rathered the plainer models that came out a few years later (I now also have a Gibson J-45, if that's any clue), but by then, that guitar was mine and I wasn't giving it up.

I'm new to this forum and haven't yet figured out how to post a pic from a Mac, so one of these days I'll put a few up...

Last edited by jwhyte510; 02-04-2021 at 09:02 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion