The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 07-12-2016, 09:12 AM

Default Kieran Murphy "Per Se" Official Tab Book

Hi everyone, not sure the correct place to post this - I had this up on the Tommy Emmanuel forums until they recently shut down.

I, along w/ Kieran's help, have completed the official tab book for Kieran Murphy's masterpiece album "Per Se". If you are unfamiliar w/ the artist or album, a brief intro - the album was released almost 10 years ago (2007) when Kieran was only 17 years old and is maybe THE defining modern fingerstyle album. I'd actually put it up there with some of the greatest music ever recorded in history - no joke. You have to check the music out for yourself and you'll see what I'm talking about - just pure genius, out of this world playing. Kieran's brilliance was recognized as he was afforded a full scholarship to Berklee College of Music, was touring the world w/ Tommy Emmanuel at only 17 years old, was signed to Sony, Maton, etc. Check out the youtube links at the bottom of the page.

Unfortunately Kieran succumbed to a costly illness that put a halt on his career, but is slowly getting back on track.

The tab book is $30 USD via PayPal (PayPal account [email protected]) , which goes into a fund I set up for Kieran, as he has been going through a costly illness. I can assure you the tabs are excellent. I'd humbly say they are maybe the best tabs ever created for ANY piece of guitar work. Hundreds and hundreds of hours have been put into them, as I tabbed every single note, dead note, mistake, every overdub, as well as trying to recreate Kieran's dynamics and tone.

The tabs are best viewed in Guitar Pro, and I can send them as a GPX or GP5. I can also extract the audio from the tabs (in mp3 form) and send you the PDF. If you want, I can also send you sound samples, so you can hear the tabs before you buy. The tab book also includes a short "read-me" on the album.

The tab book has every single song from Per Se tabbed on it. It also includes versions of The Chase and Sangria live in Nashville (available upon request) as well as a short read-me on my thoughts on Kieran/tab book. I have also tabbed other songs of Kieran's, which are available for purchase separately. They include:

Live:
Flea (from the Maton video)
Jiffy Jam Live at CAAS
Michael Franti ft. Kieran : East to the West

From Always, Francesca:
Aigre-Doux
Noites De Verao

From Preludes:
Air
Birth

From Solitaire:
Chickenfeed

And a few others that are partially completed. I sell individual tabs for $5 each. I can also make any tab for you on request as well.

Additionally, I know how to play almost all of Kieran's songs and am available for online lessons.

Please email me at [email protected] if interested.

Thanks

Daniele

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaGTXOBl4tI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBzvcMQrddM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzn7KmZh0eE

Last edited by Danda74; 03-05-2019 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:52 PM

deleted deleted

Last edited by Danda74; 03-05-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:25 PM

Quick update: thanks to all of our support, Kieran has recovered and is now making a return to music, which is the absolute best we all could have wished for. He'll now be performing under the name Kyran Daniel ; find more info at his website www.kyrandaniel.com . Thank you everyone!
Old 03-05-2019, 11:12 AM

Just a quick bump.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:50 PM

I just found out about this guy today and WOW! I can't believe some of his stuff - it's so good. This version of Sangria gave me shivers.

I'm very interested in the tabs! I've also shot you an email.

EDIT: I just want to give an update to this - I got in contact with Danda74 and bought the tablature. I can vouch for his integrity and the quality of the tabs. He seems to be a busy guy, so it took a while to get an initial response, but after paying I received the files within 24 hours. And WOW! I must say they are quite good. I haven't gone though every single one yet, but the couple I have looked at are VERY good. Playing them back in Guitar Pro, it's clear there was no expense spared in meticulously tabbing every note, bend, vibrato, etc.

I definitely recommend this set of tablature.
Teton STG105CENT
Recording King RK-R35 (banjo)
Looking for my next one!

Last edited by nazump; 10-27-2020 at 07:40 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Tags
kieran murphy, per se