The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-21-2019, 07:14 AM
Charter Member

Default New "Sold Listings" search criteria in Reverb

I've always found it very useful when pricing my items on eBay to see the prices for which others have successfully sold theirs with the "Completed Listings" feature. Now, Reverb has added a similar "Sold Listings" checkbox to their search criteria.

As far as I can tell, an item has to have actually been sold on Reverb for it to appear here. If the item was sold elsewhere and its listing removed from Reverb by the seller, you don't see it listed with this feature.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:32 AM
Charter Member

Wouldn't that be the same for Ebay? A listing on either site could be closed for different reasons, and neither Ebay nor Reverb would have a digital record of the price an item sold for or even if it was sold....
Old 01-21-2019, 08:50 AM

I have never purchased anything with a high price tag on Reverb. I have on ebay.

I find the prices sold for, to be a great help buying and selling.
I think the prices posted on Reverb must allow for much negotiation. So many listings have unrealistic prices.

If X guitar can be gotten new for $700.00, then who would pay $625.00 for a used one even if it is perfect?

There are exceptions. Vintage, very rare, hard to get.

But popular guitars? Even Martins, Taylors, etc. are often listed.too high.

And if you are selling, the sold for listings give you a realistic place to start.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP View Post
Wouldn't that be the same for Ebay? A listing on either site could be closed for different reasons, and neither Ebay nor Reverb would have a digital record of the price an item sold for or even if it was sold....
eBay's "Completed Listings" show both sold and unsold items. I find it useful to see what prices didn't attract buyers, almost as much as which prices did. When sold, eBay does show the price or if it was a "Best Offer."

Reverb isn't that sophisticated - it just shows items that sold. Still useful, though.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic