The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 03-03-2022, 11:12 PM

Hope you had fun and it all works out for you.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:57 AM

Talking Great Fun :)

I did indeed and I have you to thank for it. The one peg I thought was too big was fine, it held with no problem. It is starting to stay in tune better and it plays like it did before.

I am happy I did this. I learned a lot. If I have any more problems with bridges I will be able to take care of it myself. The money spent for tools was worth it.

Those of us that have a low budget guitar should consider learning to do some things yourself. Plus they are great subjects to work on. Saves a lot of money in the long run.

If an old woman like me can do this pretty much anyone that wants to can.

Thanks for reading my post.

95 Fender AG 15 N
Squire Strat
RW Jameson Electric/Acoustic Nice $100!
Starshine 12 String Electric
03 Ibanez AK 95
Epiphone Songmaker DR-212

Old 03-04-2022, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirittoo View Post
I
I am happy I did this. I learned a lot. If I have any more problems with bridges I will be able to take care of it myself. The money spent for tools was worth it.

Those of us that have a low budget guitar should consider learning to do some things yourself. Plus they are great subjects to work on. Saves a lot of money in the long run.

t.
So many times I hear take it to a luthier if you don't have experience. How did the luthier get experience? Everyone has to start somewhere. Instruments that are worth less than the cost of a professional repair are a good place to start.
Old 03-04-2022, 11:49 AM

Thumbs up Excellent point

Exactly!! I was told to take it to a luthier, but you don't take a guitar that has been priced new as low as $100 to one.

And yep ... at one point the experience were just as green as me. That's one reason why I like buying low budget guitars I can learn how to work on them and improve them if needed.

It pays to learn set-up and minor repairs. There is a good feeling inside after fixing your own guitar.

95 Fender AG 15 N
Squire Strat
RW Jameson Electric/Acoustic Nice $100!
Starshine 12 String Electric
03 Ibanez AK 95
Epiphone Songmaker DR-212

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair