The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 09:27 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss....condolences my brother....heartbreaking.
Taylor 612ce (2001)
Taylor T5-C2 Koa (2007)
Ovation CS28P KOAB - Koa Burst (2017)
Paul Reed Smith 305 - Sunburst (2012)
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 - Autumn Sky (2013)
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat - Sonic Blue (2012)
Roland Juno DS76 (2020)
Old 08-13-2019, 09:27 AM

I am very sad to hear about your loss as my two kittie boys are my favourite companions. However, I am also involved in rescuing abandoned cats from the streets, and there are many who need a good home living at shelters everywhere. I hope you will be able to adopt another one or two and keep them safe in your home.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:42 AM

Awful. Sue that lady who let her pit bull off leash. Small claims.

Apparently the law is different in different states. But for example....

Quote:
In Tennessee, pet owners may recover non-economic damages (up to $5,000 in 2017) as compensation for the loss of “companionship, love and affection” in certain cases when their pets have been killed intentionally (and illegally) or through negligence (Tenn. Code Ann. § 44-17-403).

2018 Guild F-512 Sunburst -- 2007 Guild F412 Ice Tea burst
2002 Guild JF30-12 Whiskeyburst -- 2011 Guild F-50R Sunburst
2011 Guild GAD D125-12 NT -- 
1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string
2012 Epiphone Dot CH
 -- 2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

2013 Yamaha Motif XS7

Cougar's Soundcloud page
Old 08-13-2019, 12:33 PM
Charter Member

Sorry for your loss, friend. Your neighbor’s dog needs the needle.

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 08-13-2019, 12:50 PM

My condolences for your heartbreaking loss.
Pets can really snuggle their way into our hearts.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:21 PM

My condolences. I'm so sorry that your cat was targeted by an aggressive canine that had a negligent owner. I don't know if I'd condone any legal compensation but I'd certainly do my best to make the dog's owner feel really really bad. Personally I'd make a shrine in the spot of the attack and add a little warning to passers-by of a mongrel in the area.

FWIW I never let my cat out of the house unsupervised. Walking a cat can be a real drag but she's 19 and has zero survival instincts. Keeping a cat indoors extends their lives. It's fact. My only regret was that we never got her another cat to keep her company. She's pedigree and we got her from a cattery so she cost us more than I've paid for some of my guitars. If she were to be attacked by an unattended dog I'd have a little chat with my next door neighbor who is a police officer for legal advice. PS: he owns a German Shepherd and a chihuahua.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:41 PM

really sorry to hear that, im a cat owner and consider losing a cat as losing a friend
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 08-13-2019, 07:17 PM
Charter Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. This was a preventable tragedy, and I hope that the neighbors are held accountable for their negligence. I know that you're mourning now, but I hope that you may rescue another cat when you're ready.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:46 PM
Charter Member

Very sorry to hear, losing a loved pet is always heartwrenching .

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 08-13-2019, 08:57 PM

I am very sorry for your loss. Man that sucks
Old 08-13-2019, 11:40 PM
Charter Member

My sincerest condolences. So very sad. I know that many insurance companies will not cover certain breeds. And, as stated, some states allow for compensation for negligence. Hopefully the irresponsible pets owner(s) will be held responsible. It won’t bring your cat back, but it could help keep others alive.

My heart goes out to you. Truly.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpon View Post
My cat just died an hour ago- about 48 hours after being mauled by two pitbulls. She never regained the use of her back half, or could stand up.
That is an appalling situation. I hope and trust that the owner/s of the dogs will be arrested under whatever your equivalent of the British Dangerous Dogs act, and will lose their dogs and receive the appropriate custodial sentence. (2-14 years in the UK)
Old 08-14-2019, 08:13 AM

Thank you all for your heartfelt sympathies. Another day and the nightmare fades a bit more.

The sad fact is that there are people training dogs -besides the police- to attack other people and animals, and to bother and to displace. And as a former victim, I'm certain of that. People need to realize this.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:52 PM

Default The pitbulls on a screaming schoolgirl

Came home in the car today, and as I neared the house I passed a young schoolgirl- maybe 12 years old walking down the street. A grade school is a half block in that direction, a garbage truck facility with a hundred or more diesel trucks that add glamour to our lives in the other direction. I thought it was probably one of the girls from the shack on the other side of the pits. I drove past her and pulled into my yard- I saw the pitbulls in the front yard next door, biting on each other and thought they might be locked in mortal combat as hey were a few months ago-

I don't think I mentioned it, but last spring I heard a growling and screaming commotion and the pitbulls were in the fenced yard rolling over each other biting each other for all they were worth, while DUDEE tried to BEAT them apart screaming and cursing with a 2x4 or something.-

But today I saw their tails were wagging and their wrestling was dog gy "playful". I was still disgusted at the first sight I'd seen of them since Saturday when they killed my cat.

I reached into my car to get out the groceries and heard screaming. the young girl had gotten to the front of their yard and there they were suddenly in the street and around her- her shoe was off and she was screaming at the top of her lungs, Dudee was screaming at the top of his precious short haired (no haired actually) lungs and I started screaming to see if that would stop the dogs.

I noticed a tail was still wagging- I've seen that in FATAL youtube videos though. I hadn't seen any attack, but there she was with one shoe in the street screaming, and fortunately the dogs responded to our precious Dudee and left her-

I asked her if she was alright, and she said yes- apparently not as alarmed as I the owner of a cat dead by the same dogs. I went over and screamed at Dudee a bit, and told him my cat had died- (they hadn't inquired).

And I went in called the police. I'm not sure they came out. As I said, I'm old and sick, and I can't play legal cop for an area full of cretins. I hope the people on the other side talked to someone.

I realized late tonight I hadn't checked my mail in the commotion, and so I went out and got it before writing this. And I took a hatchet with me just in case they were loose. This place is getting ridiculous.

Last edited by harpon; 08-16-2019 at 12:05 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpon View Post
Came home in the car today, and as I neared the house I passed a young schoolgirl- maybe 12 years old walking down the street. A grade school is a half block in that direction, a garbage truck facility with a hundred or more diesel trucks that add glamour to our lives in the other direction. I thought it was probably one of the girls from the shack on the other side of the pits. I drove past her and pulled into my yard- I saw the pitbulls in the front yard next door, biting on each other and thought they might be locked in mortal combat as hey were a few months ago-

I don't think I mentioned it, but last spring I heard a growling and screaming commotion and the pitbulls were in the fenced yard rolling over each other biting each other for all they were worth, while DUDEE tried to BEAT them apart screaming and cursing with a 2x4 or something.-

But today I saw their tails were wagging and their wrestling was dog gy "playful". I was still disgusted at the first sight I'd seen of them since Saturday when they killed my cat.

I reached into my car to get out the groceries and heard screaming. the young girl had gotten to the front of their yard and there they were suddenly in the street and around her- her shoe was off and she was screaming at the top of her lungs, Dudee was screaming at the top of his precious short haired (no haired actually) lungs and I started screaming to see if that would stop the dogs.

I noticed a tail was still wagging- I've seen that in FATAL youtube videos though. I hadn't seen any attack, but there she was with one shoe in the street screaming, and fortunately the dogs responded to our precious Dudee and left her-

I asked her if she was alright, and she said yes- apparently not as alarmed as I the owner of a cat dead by the same dogs. I went over and screamed at Dudee a bit, and told him my cat had died- (they hadn't inquired).

And I went in called the police. I'm not sure they came out. As I said, I'm old and sick, and I can't play legal cop for an area full of cretins. I hope the people on the other side talked to someone.

I realized late tonight I hadn't checked my mail in the commotion, and so I went out and got it before writing this. And I took a hatchet with me just in case they were loose. This place is getting ridiculous.
I'm sorry about your cat.

I think if you want to complain about pit bulls, and about how much you obviously don't know about them, this isn't the place.

Last edited by Kerbie; 08-16-2019 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Rule #1
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic