The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-15-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe dreamer View Post
The AER domino3 is a great amp. It does have the option to customise the effects which took me a long time to do, but I was very pleased with the results and made some that I much prefer over what comes installed in the amp. So I’d recommend trying that when you demo the amp. Only thing is that the software only works (annoyingly) on windows Xp, which is pretty old these days. I’ve never been in position the try a schertler, I’m sure they are amazing too
Can you run it on a current version of Windows by right clicking and running it in Windows XP comparability mode?
Old 08-16-2019, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
Can you run it on a current version of Windows by right clicking and running it in Windows XP comparability mode?
I'm not sure to be honest. Luckily my work had an old xp laptop that I was able to designate specifically for the domino effects software, so I've been ok. I will try that in future though
Old 08-16-2019, 09:26 AM

Default Mesa Rosette 300 1:10 Vs AER Domino for acoustic and vocals?

My Roy functions superbly well as a singer/guitarist PA, and I'm sure the AER Domino will as well. I would also be really comfortable using it for a duo or trio. Yes it was expensive, but the sound quality is superb, and it makes gigging so feakin' easy!

Last edited by lkingston; 08-16-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:12 PM

So, the Domino arrived on Thurs. Took it out to four gigs this weekend, sounded very good and performed well. I was struck by how transparent it is, vocals are crisp and clear and the guitar tone is remarkable-my Sunrise equipped Martin dread via AD10 sounded exceptionally natural and acoustically pure.

Unfortunately, channel three on my Domino doesn't work properly (the pad switch kills the channel rather than attenuating the input, whereas the other three channels work fine), so it has to go back. The store don't have a replacement so I've requested a refund rather than go through the warranty repair process...I'm of the mind that if something has cost close to £2k, I don't want to find faults right off the bat and then be without it for a protracted period whilst it's being put right.

I really only need two channels, so after doing some more research I've decided to try out the AER Compact XL, which is 200w rather than the stereo 100w power amps of the Domino, and is smaller, lighter and louder (in theory at least) and is £500 cheaper.

If the XL doesn't work out, I'll consider it the end of my acoustic amp mission and just buy a new pair of powered speakers rather than using an amp and having my Alto TS112s repaired which was my Plan A, as it were.
‘97 Martin D18GE (Sunrise)
‘01 Takamine EAN46C (Palathetic and CT4B)
'02 Takamine EAN20C (Palathetic and CT4BII)
'15 Gibson SJ200 Standard (Sunrise)
‘19 Vintage Paul Brett Viator VC Classical
‘20 Sigma CF-100 copy (Sunrise)

Capos by G7th, amplification by AER.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification