The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 12-06-2001, 10:14 AM

Question Learning from CD-ROM. How do you do it???

After spending the past two years working with TAB, a metronome, & a music stand/foot stool, I recently decided to purchase my first CD-ROM lesson. WIthout getting into the specifics of the CD itself, I'm having a great deal of trouble trying to learn anything from this. It is basically a "video" focused on the left hand, while a smaller window in the upper left corner shows the right hand. How am I supposed to follow two screens at once? I find myself spending time just staring at paused images, trying to figure out finger placements (e.g., is that an A or A7?) Following both screens, even at half speed, is really tough.

So, those of you that use videos and CD-ROMS, how do you do it? Especially if TAB is not included?

If you want to succeed, you should strike out on new paths rather than travel the worn paths of accepted business. John D. Rockefeller

Uncork New York!
Old 12-07-2001, 01:26 AM

Cool

Well, would ya look at that. Carlos Tarheel I presume?
Old 12-07-2001, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Noflatpick:
<STRONG>Well, would ya look at that. Carlos Tarheel I presume? </STRONG>
The very same. I joined AGG before I became a Dad, and I never changed my nom de plume.

If you want to succeed, you should strike out on new paths rather than travel the worn paths of accepted business. John D. Rockefeller

Uncork New York!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell