The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-23-2021, 09:13 PM

Default New Lowden Sheerans

Interesting comments from this previous review video:

Old 01-24-2021, 07:25 AM

Hey Ruby, I'm a Lowden F25 owner albeit I've never played the Sheeran before. I've read many subpar reviews from players (not product reviews) and that includes many here on the AGF. Seems to be lacking given the price.

Hopefully it's reaches a new generation of players and inspires them to pick up the guitar and play.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:07 AM
Charter Member

I have zero interest in the ‘Sheeran by Lowden’ range, nor am I ever likely to have - they just don’t register on my radar. But I find the idea of a newcomer to the forum starting a thread just to take a swipe at a brand, and to quote others’ opinions to try to add more force to that swipe, very strange and rather unseemly.

My old grandma always taught me that, “If you can’t say anything nice, better to not say anything at all”.

The usual disclaimers apply......IMHO, YMMV etc.

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)
Old 01-24-2021, 08:56 AM
Charter Member

They sound very good here. Lowden are probably using Rosewood now that CITES allow it to be distributed more easily.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:39 AM
Charter Member

IMO, us guitar "geeks" hope/expect the guitar with Lowden's name on it to kinda sound like a Lowden, and it really doesn't. Heck, even Lowden W's and S's don't sound as good as the F's and O's.

Thought experiment: What if Ed and CF got together and made a Sheeran by Martin...and it sounded like a Taylor!
Old 01-24-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M19 View Post
IMO, us guitar "geeks" hope/expect the guitar with Lowden's name on it to kinda sound like a Lowden, and it really doesn't. Heck, even Lowden W's and S's don't sound as good as the F's and O's.

Thought experiment: What if Ed and CF got together and made a Sheeran by Martin...and it sounded like a Taylor!
lol, I'd want one .

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion