The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-02-2014, 07:49 AM

Default Puget Sound Guitar Workshop, or other recs?

Hey guys (and ladies), a question for any of you that have participated in the Puget Sound Guitar Workshop, or any similar intensive: how was it? Do you feel like your playing grew from the experience? Would you do it again? Other than the PSGW (which I actually learned about from an old thread on here), do any of you have any recommendations for a similar intensive way to take my playing to the next level? As always, thanks in advance for your invaluable guidance!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:05 AM

check out the workshops at Fur Peace Ranch: www.furpeaceranch.com

good people, great place!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Hi PJ,

I am signed up for my third time at Swannanoa - their Contemporary Folk and Guitar Week. Great teachers, lots of classes and styles to choose from. Loads of fun. Highly recommend. And it has definitely improved my playing and my inspiration level.

https://www.swangathering.com/catalo...itar-week.html

Best,
Jayne

Last edited by jaymarsch; 04-02-2014 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Better answered the OP's question
Old 04-02-2014, 06:17 PM

I've been attending PSGW for about 17 years now! In fact, I don't think a year would be a year without a week at 'camp'. Each year I get to immerse myself in a musical culture among some of the most interesting people in the world.
I've attended other camps and they each have something wonderful to offer. PSGW may be the oldest and most established. They may also have the nicest setting with a private lake and rather decent cabins.

Prepare to embrace sleep-deprivation as a true friend and companion for the duration of the camp. The opportunity for all-night jam sessions exists, though sadly, I've become to old to indulge.

I'll be there again this year for both weeks 1 & 2. (first time for a two week fun)

I urge you to find a camp and attend. It will change your life.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:45 PM

Since you are in CA, it's a no brainer...PSGW. Only a few slots left for this year and they are going fast. Incredible week.

Bourgeois JOMC, MadRose/Adi
Baranik, JX MadRose/German
Baranik, JX Brazilian/Italian
SCGC OM, Brazilian / German
SCGC OMG, Brazilian / Moon Spruce
Dan Roberts Troubadour, Mahogany/Adi
Collings CJ35 Mahogany/German
Jimmy Edmonds OM Braz/Adi
Greven '1937' D18
Greven '1937' OM Braz/Adi

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion