The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 02-01-2023, 06:16 PM
Charter Member

Default PSA - Rainsong Nylon

I was in my local GC (Bloomington, MN) today, buying strings. I always pop into the acoustic room to have a look, and spotted this Rainsong on the wall.

If anyone’s looking for a CF Nylon, here’s one for you to consider - I believe it’s a Parlor model, but I couldn’t read the label from where I was standing.

Quite what Rainsong were thinking with this top finish (rustic, perhaps?), I’ll never quite understand, but I’m sure it doesn’t get in the way of the sound.

IMG_2755.jpg
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo

Last edited by David Eastwood; 02-02-2023 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-02-2023, 08:25 PM

Smile

I’m sorry, You never have seen quilted carbon before? I have one, although it’s is not Quilted, it is a great guitar and plays like a dream. It’s a great crossover guitar and the 12 fret scale matches it’s bigger brother, a Shorty. I’m not a classical player, but it does provide a different sound palette when playing.
Old 02-02-2023, 08:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishrep View Post
I’m sorry, You never have seen quilted carbon before? I have one, although it’s is not Quilted, it is a great guitar and plays like a dream. It’s a great crossover guitar and the 12 fret scale matches it’s bigger brother, a Shorty. I’m not a classical player, but it does provide a different sound palette when playing.
No need to apologize. I’ve seen this finish before, but I didn’t realize it was called ‘quilted’. Not the word I would have chosen

I didn’t play this one, so I can’t, and won’t, comment on how it might play and sound. My point in posting was to alert anyone interested in a rare nylon-strung Rainsong that GC has one available.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo

Last edited by David Eastwood; 02-03-2023 at 07:51 AM.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:45 AM
Charter Member

This 'finish' is basically their 'unfinished' look which is on their 'bargain' models that were offered to get guitars into the hands of the 'working-person' gigging types. I had one and it didn't look too bad. 'Unfinished' seems to be the best thing I could call it. If not for that seam all around the edge it might even look kinda cool but with that seam so obvious it definitely does make the guitar look kinda cheap which is unfortunate. But it otherwise does not affect the guitar's function.
Old 02-03-2023, 11:29 PM

Smile

I’m sorry, I was only kidding about a quilted finish. Some times it has been so bad that Rainsong would replace them. It is very difficult to photograph.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber