The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 10-24-2012, 03:56 PM

Welcome to the AGF and the Show & Tell section, Steve.

Very nice playing and video presentation. I'm not a fan of the plugged in guitar sound, though. The highs sound brittle and the mids have a nasal sound that is typical of the Taylor Expression System. I think it would be much better audio if you mic'd the guitar and perhaps added just a little of the ES for reinforcement. All in all though, it is good stuff and I enjoyed watching the video.

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)
Old 10-24-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1131 View Post
Welcome to the AGF and the Show & Tell section, Steve.

Very nice playing and video presentation. I'm not a fan of the plugged in guitar sound, though. The highs sound brittle and the mids have a nasal sound that is typical of the Taylor Expression System. I think it would be much better audio if you mic'd the guitar and perhaps added just a little of the ES for reinforcement. All in all though, it is good stuff and I enjoyed watching the video.
Thanks for the feedback and the advise Bob. The sound quality of the recording wasn't the best but I get your point. Any recommendations regarding mic'ing the guitar. Please remember I'm a student on a budget and living in a small room in a house with 3 others.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Tags
acoustic guitar, fingerstyle, tapping