The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 11:13 AM
Charter Member

Default Webber OM, sitka/maple, 1993, Possibly "LAYAWAY" sold.

9https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195506319280[/url]

Just listed this fabulous Webber OM, on UK eBay. It's truly an exceptional guitar in every sense. I thought I'd keep this one forever but ultimately I'm paring my small herd to just a couple & an OM is just too small for me. Certainly it's in the top 3 OM's that I've ever played & no one will be disappointed in this one. I've listed this guitar mainly due to the fact that I'm seriously interested in buying a mahogany bodied guitar here on the AGF & my Froggy Bottom F12 Deluxe ( $5999) is slow to move. I've kept the listing description to a minimum for now BUT feel free to PM/email me any questions. As you can see by my 100% positive feedback on UK eBay, I'm reliable & trustworthy. I've also bought/sold guitars through many friends on the AGF, Craigslist etc so no problem obtaining references.

Last time I shipped a guitar to the USA, it cost me about £150-160 uninsured via a reliable courier & I ship/pack to a very high standard, as if I'm shipping it to myself..

Price $2300 OBO + shipping

Would consider a trade/cash balance with an Iris "hog" model, preferably ND200 or DF OR a Ted Thompson T3M

Last edited by neildealdylan; 01-12-2023 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-07-2022, 11:36 AM
Charter Member

Default Interest shown but still available..

Interest shown but still available....one of the best OM's that I've ver played, no one will be disappointed with this one. It's fully opened up, uber responsive, plays all styles well, has a fab tone & is truly unique. It's a little bit of history because it's David's first ever OM....and in great shape! Bump it up...
Old 12-07-2022, 08:20 PM
Charter Member

Absolutely beautiful Webber. These are outstanding guitars. I own a quilted 000 and it is top flight, as is this OM I am sure.

Best of luck on your sale!

Taylorcrazy_____________

Old 12-08-2022, 03:01 PM
Charter Member

Default Thanks & bump it up

Thanks for the thumbs up on Webber guitars.. It's truly a spetacular OM & I've only ever played one better than this but that was a Braz OM & tonally different anyway. This OM is incredibly loud for an OM, doesn't sound "boxy" when strummed, plays like butter & is incredibly sensitive to the touch and uber responsive for fingerstyle. I've heard a lot of 2-D sounding maple guitars but this is nothing like that. It's incredibly rich, thick,textured,dry & sustains forever...not at all trebly or shrilly, far from it. The previous owner told me some of his AGF buddies played it & found it much better sounding than a Ryan with similar tonewoods. It's in great shape with plenty of saddle left & is a joy to play. I'll be sad to see it go but I only need a few guitars now & I will always prefer bigger bodied models. It's unique with great provenance. I believe no one will dislike this guitar. Bump it up!!
Old 12-09-2022, 12:27 PM
Charter Member

Default Bump it up...

Bumping up one of the best & truly unique OM's on the planet....and a teeny weeny bit of Webber history too. May be open to offers depending on the situation regarding the other guitar I'm looking to buy....and happy to ship before or after Christmas too!
Old 12-10-2022, 04:42 PM
Charter Member

Default Still available.....

Quite a bit of interest but still available....
Old 12-10-2022, 07:32 PM

As a previous owner I can say this- a truly exceptional guitar, his first OM and talk about nailing it.

I had both this guitar and an early Ryan Mission in the same woods, Sitka over maple. Two other known AGF members, as well as myself, liked this guitar more than the Ryan. ‘Nuf said.
Old 12-11-2022, 03:37 PM
Charter Member

Default Thaniks & bump...

Thanks Warren, I'm pleased you chimed in there to emphasise how top notch this guitar is. If I wasn't downsizing & if I wasn't looking to add one "hog" to my very small collection, then it would be a lifetime keeper. And of course, when my Froggy F12 Deluxe is sold then I'll quickly be in touch with you again.

Bump this one to the top. Just been playing this guitar & it's LOOOOOUD and articulate whether playing with pick or fingers. And so uber responsive on fingerstyle numbers. It's a delight to play! If I lived in the USA then I would offer this guitar on a trial basis because it's that good. But it doesn't work that well across the international divide on potential returns. But it's easy peasy on a one way flight to the USA. Happy to listen to questions, sensible offers & will to ship pre or post Christmas depending on preference!!
Old 12-11-2022, 09:23 PM
Charter Member

I think the link to the images is broken or corrupted. I know I looked at this post in the past and saw the photos but can't now.
Old 12-11-2022, 11:27 PM
Charter Member

The EBay link still works for me ...
Steve
Old 12-12-2022, 03:35 PM
Charter Member

Default Link working...

Still available altho' it's doubtful that I will ship before Christmas but all options considered. Keep the enquiries coming, someone will press the trigger soon, hopefully.

Last edited by neildealdylan; 12-13-2022 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-28-2022, 11:36 AM
Charter Member

Default Listing update to trade possibilities

Just listed the listing to include a few possible trades. I'm in no hurry to let this fab Webber OM go & have declined lowball offer, layaway requests & trades. Ultimately I'm downsizing in general BUT I was going to use the cash from this sale to buy a rare hog addition to my small collection. I'd love to try out an Iris DF, Smeck or ND200....and indeed, if I sell this guitar then I would be buying one of those. My other "gut" trade request is a Ted Thompson T3, preferably hog. Don't know why but my gut instinct, says, going by my listening to videos etc...that this Ted Thompson jumbo size would give me the sound that I'm looking for.
Old 01-05-2023, 08:43 AM
Charter Member

Default Bump....

Big price reduction to $2,300 OBO, offers listened to until my other desired 'hog' guitar listing is sold. Let's move this fabulous Webber OM now before the other guitar sells. PM or email me on [email protected].
Old 01-10-2023, 11:30 AM
Charter Member

Default Bump it up...

Bump a fabulous OM to the top again. David Webber does fabulous things with maple. This one is so warm,rich,thick, so uber responsive, LOOOUUUUD, fat bass,articulate & warm trebles. I don't think there are many better maple OM's out there IMHO. So bump it up at 2,300US until my desired hog guitar sells.
Old 01-12-2023, 08:04 AM
Charter Member

Default Hopefully a final bump....

Hopefully this may be the last bump as I've provisionally agreed a 'layaway' sale of this tremendous OM. I'm still awaiting confirmation from a different time zone but I'll bump this one again in the meantime.....
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars