The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 10-20-2022, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlejimmy View Post
I agree, it makes zero sense. Electric guitarists have a wide variety of "pedal boards" that can accommodate their electronic gizmos, in an orderly fashion, but nothing for drum pedals?

The guitar player's inner drummer is getting short changed here! It's just not right.

Turtle
For real lol. I think I found a mount for kick drum pedals to add percussion to. But they are like $50 a piece. Might roll with it because I plan to use them heavily, a clunky home remedy might not be worth the hassle.
Old 10-20-2022, 08:46 PM
Charter Member

Smile Hmmm

I was a drummer/singer for almost 40 years. Started doing solo acoustic gigs in 93.

I often break out a $10 eBay tambourine and rock it (gently) with my left foot. And will still occasionally use an antique briefcase with a kick mic inside for my right foot when plugging in.

This Works best when seated, of course.

The vast majority of drum stuff for guitarists sounds like toys to me.

Why bang a tambourine with a pedal when you can get way more tonal variation with your foot???

Just my two cents worth….

Rock on

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 11-12-2022, 07:17 PM
Charter Member

I used for many years an original Porch Board Bass. Still have it but took a chance on this little guy and I gotta say, just as good sounding
https://wazinator.com/products/wazin...ping-worldwide
Also use a a jerry rigged tambo shoe on the other foot. It’s a learning curve but…. Especially both feet. With some patience you will find you don’t ever think about what your feet are doing.

come to one of our shows just east of Atlanta!
http://mikeandkayte.com

Last edited by mike o; 11-14-2022 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-18-2022, 10:21 AM
Charter Member

Smile Don’t think!

Mike’s post above is correct! Don’t think about your feet. Think about the music, and hopefully your feet will follow.

When I was a kid taking my serious drum lessons my teachers all agreed. The drummers job is to maintain a solid beat, no matter what. UNLESS the singer or lead player wants it to change! Then go there and try to STAY there…

One of the great things about foot percussion is that it can FOLLOW the singer pretty easy. Especially if they are the same person! Haha!

And don’t forget to stop your feet once in a while. All that thumping can get old eventually.

Find what works for you and make fun music !

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments