The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-07-2022, 11:23 PM
Charter Member

Tom, can you find a Gibson Faded Series J35 or J45 near you?
Old 12-08-2022, 12:19 AM
Charter Member

Thanks ZI. That’s one I haven’t thought of. I keep thinking I have to go swim in the deep end of the pool. I will see what Dave’s or GC have in stock
Old 06-21-2023, 09:52 AM

Tom, I'm on exactly the same hunt as you are (we're?). Did you find "the one"? Learned anything new? If you're still hunting, I just played a 50s J-45 original sunburst with a custom red spruce top at Norm's over the weekend. It was really good. They really wanted me to buy it. And I almost did. But I keep having FOMO about getting a Kopp or Fairbanks or J-35 historic and so I didn't get it.
Old 06-21-2023, 01:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalord View Post
Tom, I'm on exactly the same hunt as you are (we're?). Did you find "the one"? Learned anything new? If you're still hunting, I just played a 50s J-45 original sunburst with a custom red spruce top at Norm's over the weekend. It was really good. They really wanted me to buy it. And I almost did. But I keep having FOMO about getting a Kopp or Fairbanks or J-35 historic and so I didn't get it.
I did and then I didn't and now I have. I found a used John Walker Wise River, 2013. It is an amazing guitar. I would unreservedly recommend John Walker guitars.

I should add - I also picked up an Eastman E20SSv (rosewood) and Gibson J45 standard. Now I am on the hunt for a mid to late 50's vintage J45/50/CW/Southerner Jumbo. I guess I am a sucker for short scale slope shoulder guitars.

PS - I played a custom J45 Red Spruce at Fuller's in Houston. Of the several I played there, that was the one for me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion