The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-02-2022, 10:48 AM
Charter Member

I've used the DI out on my Fishman amps and a Fender Acoustic 100 amp I used to have to run into house sound systems. I have never needed a DI box, I always use the DI out on the amp and it has worked perfectly and let me manage my tone and levels from the stage. Most of the time the simple method works best. No need to add more links to the chain if they're not needed.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 12-04-2022, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWar View Post
Thanks guys that’s really helpful. I think I’ll get both amps and see which one I like best. Appreciate all the advice.

Tim
Research the d6-58... it is going to offer the most, by far, options (in one package) for what you want to do. A very powerful piece of gear! It's fantastic and can sound amazing, but it is very clean...no color/studio monitor-esque..so you'll have to work a bit for the tone you want, which is fine but not exactly plug and play. Just being honest...I really like it but only use it for practice and solo/duo gigs that are large enough that I need mains...and it works great for this. Otherwise I use my fishman 330...most plug and play gear I own...have ever owned. Just bought another one so I can go a little bigger before needing my 15 in mains.... Still recommend the d6-58 to your OP/problem...it's expensive so thought I'd provide my experiences.
Old 12-04-2022, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willymartin View Post
Research the d6-58... it is going to offer the most, by far, options (in one package) for what you want to do. A very powerful piece of gear! It's fantastic and can sound amazing, but it is very clean...no color/studio monitor-esque..so you'll have to work a bit for the tone you want, which is fine but not exactly plug and play. Just being honest...I really like it but only use it for practice and solo/duo gigs that are large enough that I need mains...and it works great for this. Otherwise I use my fishman 330...most plug and play gear I own...have ever owned. Just bought another one so I can go a little bigger before needing my 15 in mains.... Still recommend the d6-58 to your OP/problem...it's expensive so thought I'd provide my experiences.
Thanks very much that is really helpful. Tim
Old 12-11-2022, 02:48 PM

I use an Ultrasound AG50DS2 (2004 model) and take the XLR out to the PA. Works just fine and let’s me use the amp as a monitor also. I connect my pedal board through the amp efx loop. At times I skip the amp and use my Ultrasound DI Plus in place of my amp and just rely on the stage monitors. Works well for me either way.

Nelson

2002 514ce
2003 414ce Ltd
2014 150e
2010 Fender Strat
2017 Les Paul Custom

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification