The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 04-25-2023, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hofman View Post
Cool, awesome, glad you liked it too! Looking forward to seeing more when I have time. I generally have not been terribly interested Keri Russell as an actress, but I agree she's great in this so far. I saw her in some cheesy Guitar movie with Robin Williams and Johnathan Rhys Meyers, she was OK. Maybe I just thought her part was silly. She was also in The Americans, but that show didn't click with me..
That movie was called August Rush.
I thought it was an excellent movie.
Old 04-25-2023, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
That movie was called August Rush.
I thought it was an excellent movie.
That’s the one. I liked aspects of it but for me it came off overly sentimental, and the suspension of belief around the level of the kid’s genius was a bit much for my tastes. I would say the scene with the dad and the kid meeting for the first time was great.
Old 04-25-2023, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
I just finished watching "Beef," which was a fun ride. It took some twists and turns that I wasn't expecting, and both the writing and acting are good.

"The Diplomat" is probably next in my Netflix queue (although it may have to wait for some HBO programming... final seasons of "Succession" and "Barry" are happening now). I'm drawn to the show specifically b/c of Kerri Russell, who was fantastic in "The Americans" (one of my top 5 all-time shows).

It was a fun ride. Ally Wong is a standup comedian, but she did show some really good acting. The guy that played Glenn in the walking dead can play and has a great singing voice.

Just finished watching the recruit. Very fun ride if you like espionage with a sprinkle of dark humor. The diplomat is next on the list.
Old 04-27-2023, 11:38 AM

Been watching

Florida Man - good, not great
Beef - good, not great
Chimpanzees documentary. Very interesting.
Old 04-27-2023, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwolf View Post
Been watching

Florida Man - good, not great
Beef - good, not great
Chimpanzees documentary. Very interesting.
Saw that preview, it did look interesting, I put it in my queue. Good to hear someone else liked it.
Old 04-27-2023, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
If you like Rufus Sewell, give "The Man in the High Castle" a try...I really enjoyed it, but--fair warning--I was a big fan of "The Americans" and Russell in that, too...
I will give that one a look, thank you. My former boss LOVED The Americans. I only watched a couple episodes, seemed fine but didn't grab me. All good. And just finished episode 3 of The Diplomat. Really, really enjoying it. Best new show I've seen in a bit.
Old 01-21-2024, 01:01 AM
Charter Member

Three 45-minute episodes. American Nightmare. Based on a true story, it got my attention and kept it.
Old 01-24-2024, 05:37 AM

The Brothers Sun was a fun ride. Can be a bit violent and gory but great story and performances.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnitus View Post
Three 45-minute episodes. American Nightmare. Based on a true story, it got my attention and kept it.
I just finished watching this. It was very good.
Old 01-24-2024, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhodgeh View Post
...got turned on to 'Midnight Diner'...It's a series of short stories (half hour episodes) about the various patrons that frequent this tiny diner in Tokyo that is only open from 12:00 AM (Midnight) to 7:00 AM the next morning.

An added bonus is that a brief overview of a dish served in an episode is presented, with prep tips - way cool.
The food presentation is great and I really enjoy the personality of the proprietor, but as is so often the case, the first season was the best.
Friedman WW Smallbox, Marshall 4212
Old 01-26-2024, 06:29 AM

I think I'm ready to move on from Netflix. I've been binge watching random series and it's starting to recommend weird stuff that I can't even stomach admitting to watching!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic