The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 10-24-2016, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Robert,

Both of those guitars (the maple guitar from Kei and the OM from Leo) came home with me. IMO they were two of the best new/modern guitars I have every played. I have never bought a guitar at a guitar show, so I made up for it this weekend.

Mike
Mike,

I'm so sorry that I missed you in Woodstock. Because of other commitments, I drove up Friday afternoon and returned early Saturday morning.

The two guitars that you snagged were also my faves at the Festival. That Maple Kei completely slayed me.

Email/text/message me. I'd like to arrange Fretboard Journal content re. both guitars and their builders.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:22 PM
Charter Member

Mike D - Congrats on the two new guitars - they're mesmerizing! My dream is to go up there one year with cash falling out of my pockets....Robert
Flammang SEL
SCGC 00-12 EIR/Sitka
SCGC OM Mahogany/Moon
Old 10-24-2016, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Robert,

Both of those guitars (the maple guitar from Kei and the OM from Leo) came home with me. IMO they were two of the best new/modern guitars I have every played. I have never bought a guitar at a guitar show, so I made up for it this weekend.

Mike
Wow, congrats! They were two of my favorites as well. I did buy a PowerBall ticket Saturday night with the hopes of hitting the jackpot and having a buying spree, but alas I won zilch...

The rosette on Keisuke Nishi's guitar is just amazing... and probably one of the best maple guitars I've played...
Old 10-25-2016, 05:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Mike D - Congrats on the two new guitars - they're mesmerizing! My dream is to go up there one year with cash falling out of my pockets....Robert
Sold a few this year, so I was able to pick up a few at the show... two nice guitars and one outstanding uke.
Slackers 1:51-52
FSM
Old 10-25-2016, 05:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieAtienza View Post
The rosette on Keisuke Nishi's guitar is just amazing... and probably one of the best maple guitars I've played...
I would have to agree with you... it's one of the best maple guitars I have ever played one of the best guitars I played at the show regardless of woods used. His level of detail and fit/finish are second to none. He learned from one of the best. I met him about 10 years ago when he was apprenticing with Mario Beaureguard and I was impressed with his work. He's a great person. Can't wait to see him again.
FSM
Old 10-25-2016, 05:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
Mike,

I'm so sorry that I missed you in Woodstock. Because of other commitments, I drove up Friday afternoon and returned early Saturday morning.

The two guitars that you snagged were also my faves at the Festival. That Maple Kei completely slayed me.

Email/text/message me. I'd like to arrange Fretboard Journal content re. both guitars and their builders.
Call whenever you're free John. If I'm offshore I might not answer or get back to you for a few days, but I will definitely get back to you when I'm back on land.
FSM
Old 10-25-2016, 05:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Haha that is too funny. But, look at the post just below you....I think I have been vindicated!!!!!!! Thank you MikeD.
You're welcome! Just let me know if there is anything I can do to help out again in the future.
FSM
Old 10-25-2016, 06:05 PM

Quote:
I would have to agree with you... it's one of the best maple guitars I have ever played one of the best guitars I played at the show regardless of woods used. His level of detail and fit/finish are second to none. He learned from one of the best. I met him about 10 years ago when he was apprenticing with Mario Beaureguard and I was impressed with his work. He's a great person. Can't wait to see him again.
I was hanging out with Keisuke Nishi and Isaac Jang, who told me Mario was there! He then went across the convention floor and back with Mario! I was so honored that Isaac did that for ne, and to meet one of my favorite builders... pretty awesome moment!
Old 10-25-2016, 06:23 PM
Charter Member

Mike that guitar was one of the very first that I played on Friday. It is most definitely a winner. I love it when maple surprises people. Additionally, the rosette miters are simply nuts...

Quote:
Old 10-25-2016, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
Mike that guitar was one of the very first that I played on Friday. It is most definitely a winner. I love it when maple surprises people. Additionally, the rosette miters are simply nuts...
Impossibly nuts....
Old 10-25-2016, 07:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieAtienza View Post
Impossibly nuts....
The intricate rosette design was originally developed by his master (Mario B.)...

Old 10-25-2016, 08:35 PM
Charter Member

FSM
Old 10-25-2016, 08:52 PM

Thanks Bob for the photos.

And congrats to Mike and Tom for grabbing new instruments at the show.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop