The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 01-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Charter Member

Congrats, Berf! It looks like a really wonderful guitar (Bruce has good taste) and so glad it made it safely. Hope you enjoy it in good health for years to come! I'd love to hear some sound clips at some point if you can...

Kindly,
Danny
Old 01-20-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I'm glad to see she made it home safe and sound.... looking forward to some audio clips of this sweet guitar....
Thanks Rollie... I'll do my best and will try not to embarrass myself (nor Bruce for that matter)

Quote:
Get ready to make music you suspected was percolating within..
Thanks for the kind words Larry... I'll warn the family.

Quote:
I would love to have that sitting in my living room! Congrats!
Joel, if you're ever in Oz you can come to my living room and play your heart out. By the way, I've loved watching your builds here too...

Quote:
My idea of a nice evening would be to have Berf's Sexauer and Larry's Brondel in a quit room
Now that would be interesting... un vrai plaisir!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
The most dedicated vegatalarians of my acquaintance still have chop-able livers, I believe.
As of now, you are officially banned from entry into our country... Immigration officials have been alerted....
Old 01-20-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Congrats, Berf! It looks like a really wonderful guitar (Bruce has good taste) and so glad it made it safely. Hope you enjoy it in good health for years to come! I'd love to hear some sound clips at some point if you can...
Thanks Danny... you are a good man. I'll do my best. Do we have long to wait for your second album? There's sure to be a feast of new guitars on that...
Old 01-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berf View Post
Thanks Danny... you are a good man. I'll do my best. Do we have long to wait for your second album? There's sure to be a feast of new guitars on that...
I hope the wait won't be too much longer. I've been working hard on it and wrote and recorded a bunch of new songs. I've been narrowing it down to the very best ones. I really want it to be a great album. I'll keep you posted!

Again, congrats on your new guitar!

Kindly,
Danny
Old 02-07-2011, 06:42 PM
AGF Sponsor

I spent the last couple of days over at Berf's house, and had a truly excellent time. Hard to miss, a block from the beach on the hottest day of the century (and a half) in Sydney. 3 showers and a dunk in the ocean helped. Seeing the guitar in it's proper context was a real treat for me, and rarely do I get a better experience of the value-added a luthier is able to bring to mortal life. Thanks for hospitality, Berf(s).
Old 02-07-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
I spent the last couple of days over at Berf's house, and had a truly excellent time. Hard to miss, a block from the beach on the hottest day of the century (and a half) in Sydney. 3 showers and a dunk in the ocean helped. Seeing the guitar in it's proper context was a real treat for me Thanks for hospitality, Berf(s).
No worries Bruce... it was great having you here and I really enjoyed getting to chat so much about your "philosophy of lutherie", succinctly expressed in another thread running at the moment. I love the idea that intuition and visual aesthetics (beauty) seem to coincide so neatly with tonal quality in your work.

Folks, I can only say that I feel grateful that Bruce got out of here alive... Saturday night MINIMUM was 28 degrees celsius (82 farenheit), after reaching a max of 42 degs (107 F) during the day. Of course, we went for a short bush walk to really experience the great Aussie outdoors bringing to mind Glenn Frey's classic "The heat is on"... truly we fried! The humidity was the icing on the cake but the 00 held up fine (no air con here). By the way, the southerly buster came through Sunday afternoon as you left Bruce... Sydney heaved a collective sigh of relief as the temperature plummeted to twenty something degrees...

Quote:
and rarely do I get a better experience of the value-added a luthier is able to bring to mortal life.
Bruce, are you referring to the sing along we had whilst encouraging Berf jr. (toddler) to remain on his bathroom throne???? ... most effective.

Seriously, this guitar is a joy to play and hear... I count myself a very lucky man to own it.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:42 PM

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in doing this but my recording skills kind of match my playing skills... you know what I mean.

I used a Zoom H2 and made a few clips which I hope capture some of the tone of this guitar.

Thanks for all your support with this thread. Rest assured the guitar sounds way better than it does in the clips and I can only imagine how a professional player could make it sing. Big thanks again to Bruce.

Last edited by Berf; 10-01-2015 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:07 AM

Excellent playing and guitar!
Saturday was so hot, its was still 35 at midnight in my apartment.

Berf,
if you ever fancy a Sydney jam let me know, your Sexauer and my Bashkin?

Russ
Old 02-10-2011, 04:41 AM

Berf,
Nice playing..

I hear the characteristic Sexauer clarity and musical balance in all the clips...

I'm sure it's hugely comfortable/effortless to play too...

How are you liking the multi-scale neck...? It took me about 30 seconds to get used to mine and now standard necks feel a little off...

Enjoy..!!

LC
Old 02-10-2011, 10:48 PM

Thanks for the kind words Russ and LC.

Quote:
if you ever fancy a Sydney jam let me know, your Sexauer and my Bashkin?
Sounds very interesting Russ...

Quote:
How are you liking the multi-scale neck...? It took me about 30 seconds to get used to mine and now standard necks feel a little off...
Larry, I don't recall ever noticing it!!! I read somewhere that the multi-scale can feel completely transparent (did you write that?) and that's certainly how I experienced it. The nut width was a bit different from my other guitar and that's what I noticed at first. I can't comment on how it feels going from the multi-scale to a standard neck because I haven't played a standard scale guitar since the Sexauer arrived in the house

Last edited by Berf; 02-10-2011 at 11:00 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop