The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-13-2020, 12:42 PM

Wonder about that new system coming out that uses your phone. Anyone remember what that was called? Was it made by LR Baggs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Both will tame the quack. The big difference for me is that the Aura is far easier to set up. The Tonedexter takes experimentation and in some situations it can be difficult to dial in live.
Old 04-13-2020, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Wonder about that new system coming out that uses your phone. Anyone remember what that was called? Was it made by LR Baggs?
That's the Soundscape. There has been surprisingly very little coming from Lr Baggs about this product. I personally don't see it being as good as the Aura or Tonedexter but I am basing that on one or two demos from Namm.
Old 04-13-2020, 01:53 PM

Default Best upgrade option for Martin with Fishman Matrix VT Enhance

Ken/SpruceTop offers the simplest solution. As a nerd, and a hopeless case, I’ve tried all matter of other systems in my Martins. The best (simple) solution for a nerd to retrofit is the K&K active system with the prephase preamp. That will integrate well with the existing batter case. Alternatively, the Schaffen HFN or Dazzo with preamp may work well. I’d argue since you have the 9V battery holder in the guitar already there is no reason to stay passive. Might as well reuse it and get the benefit of a preamp. Finish with a new bone saddle and you should be good to go.

On the other hand, just do what Ken says and get a Aura pedal. I’ll sell you mine. I’m not using it.

Last edited by martingitdave; 04-13-2020 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:14 PM

Its supposed to be out soon. Sweetwater says "Spring"

Quote:
That's the Soundscape. There has been surprisingly very little coming from Lr Baggs about this product. I personally don't see it being as good as the Aura or Tonedexter but I am basing that on one or two demos from Namm.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:16 PM

sent you a PM. Please text me back about the Aura pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
On the other hand, just do what Ken says and get a Aura pedal. I’ll sell you mine. I’m not using it.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Its supposed to be out soon. Sweetwater says "Spring"
It will be interesting to hear it. They have one demo online that was well produced and it has country musician Charlie Worsham demoing it. To be honest, despite the fact that Lloyd and Charlie continuously say "wow" when they hear the Soundscape, all I hear is a standard UST.
Old 04-13-2020, 08:38 PM

Quote:
It will be interesting to hear it. They have one demo online that was well produced and it has country musician Charlie Worsham demoing it. To be honest, despite the fact that Lloyd and Charlie continuously say "wow" when they hear the Soundscape, all I hear is a standard UST.
Lloyd Baggs is joining me for an interview on my YouTube channel this Thursday at 4pm EST. He tells me they have made significant improvements since the NAMM announcement and I can’t wait to hear more about it.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:16 AM

cool. can't wait to hear more about the Soundscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
Lloyd Baggs is joining me for an interview on my YouTube channel this Thursday at 4pm EST. He tells me they have made significant improvements since the NAMM announcement and I can’t wait to hear more about it.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
That will be good! I am excited to hear more about the Soundscape. It would be cool to have another device on the market to compete with the TD and Aura imaging.

One cool feature is the “next” switch. It would be cool to somehow integrate it into a rig with a few instruments and not have to bend down to switch the image.
Old 04-14-2020, 05:51 PM

Quote:
That will be good! I am excited to hear more about the Soundscape. It would be cool to have another device on the market to compete with the TD and Aura imaging.

One cool feature is the “next” switch. It would be cool to somehow integrate it into a rig with a few instruments and not have to bend down to switch the image.
Please join us with any questions!
Old 06-15-2022, 10:40 AM

Default Spare Fishman Aura VT Enhance System?

Hi,

In 2016, I purchased a Martin DC28E with the Fishman Aura VT Enhance system. That system has now failed, and I'm looking to replace it.

The battery access compartment built into the tail is simply the best I've used and I want to keep it.

Finding a new or used Aura VT Enhance system to replace is a major challenge. I've contacted Martin who will sell a new one to my authorized repair which is great, but ... I'm looking for a second backup.

If you happen to know where I can pick a spare up, please let me know.

Thanks!
Mike
Old 06-15-2022, 06:58 PM

Might be better to contact Fishman....

Old thread and everyone is different but I don't mind the Fishman Matrix VT Enhance in my recent buy Martin OMC-15ME from last year - OM15 with a cutaway and pickup...I run the Enhance button on full! Then cut the brights by preamp tone controls - ha ha the preamp happens to be...a ha ha Tonedexter.....so I can also turn the Enhance right off and run the Tonedexter file. All depends on the mood I am in, I guess.

I have never played it anywhere and not sure I would, it is no Maton pickup for sure. But I have spent quite a few hours fiddling with it and came to the mental conclusion that the answer would be......The Aura Enhance VT...never played one, but assumed the Aura image would kill the quakerroonies and the Enhance bit would add the much needed 'air' and the 'live' thing to the sometimes sterile Aura sounds....not sure if they still make the Aura Enhance VT?

BluesKing777.
Old 06-15-2022, 07:02 PM

Default Best upgrade option for Martin with Fishman Matrix VT Enhance

Add the external pedal. Much better than any available upgrade path through Fishman for the factory systems.

ToneDexter, Aura pedal or the Lr Baggs VoicePrint would get my votes.

Last edited by martingitdave; 06-15-2022 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-16-2022, 11:58 AM

I would just put in an Anthem SL or a Matrix plus use a Aura pedal. I never liked the Matrix Enhanced pickups much. I thought the enhance function made the tone super bright.

Last edited by JackB1; 06-17-2022 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:24 PM
Charter Member

I play my Matrix Enhance with the scoop all the way up then back off one, and the enhance all the way off and turn up one. I play it into an LB mini and I really like the sound I get.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification