The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-16-2000, 03:00 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Lightbulb Pictures of Daedalus S-81 System

Ok, as promised, here are the pictures of my Daedalus S-81 system.

The confoguration is:
- Daedalus S-81 Speaker w/ tilt leg (Cherry)
- Daedalus Hardwood Rack (Cherry)
- Hafler P3000 150w/150w/400w-mono reference amp
- Behringer Virtualizer Pro
- Rane AP13 Acoustic Preamp

More info on the Daedalus system can be found here: www.daedalusmusic.com

As you can tell, this amp/speakers system is built like a fine guitar. High quality hardwoods are used, and excellent craftsmanship throughout. The system sounds like a dream. It has a beautiful clean sound, that's just like your acoustic guitar, only louder. I'll do a full review, soon.

Comments?

J.R.
Old 09-18-2000, 01:43 AM

Oh man, that's pretty!

. . .I didn't need to see that!<grin>

Brett
Old 09-18-2000, 11:08 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

Thanks, Brett!

The Daedalus system is not cheap, but I figured that I had a bunch of money invested into fine guitars... I should probably invest in a good amplification system. I set out to find the best.... Sadly, there's not much out there in the way of acoustic amplification. Lou Hinkley builds the Daedalus system, and his philosopy is that you need an excellent speaker system first of all. Second, you need powerful, audiophile-quality components. Thus, he suggests the Hafler amp and the Pendulum or Rane preamps.

I think Riviera has a good forumula also, but the amp is heavy and not terribly portable (though it's better than the Acoustasonic SFX.)

I like the fact that the Daedalus is modular, and you can custom-tailor (Taylor? hehe) the sound to your liking.

J.R.
Old 09-19-2000, 02:13 AM

. . .GROAN!

I won't say anything else about the pun. . .

And as to portability, I'm used to lugging a Boogie Mark IV, an even heavier cable/stomp box bag, a stand bag, and atleast 2 guitars around for my electric rig, so the Daedalus would probably be a step up in convenience. . .

Brett

Quote:
Originally posted by J.R. Rogers:
Thanks, Brett!

The Daedalus system is not cheap, but I figured that I had a bunch of money invested into fine guitars... I should probably invest in a good amplification system. I set out to find the best.... Sadly, there's not much out there in the way of acoustic amplification. Lou Hinkley builds the Daedalus system, and his philosopy is that you need an excellent speaker system first of all. Second, you need powerful, audiophile-quality components. Thus, he suggests the Hafler amp and the Pendulum or Rane preamps.

I think Riviera has a good forumula also, but the amp is heavy and not terribly portable (though it's better than the Acoustasonic SFX.)

I like the fact that the Daedalus is modular, and you can custom-tailor (Taylor? hehe) the sound to your liking.

J.R.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification