Quote:
Originally Posted by kego View Post
Really nice, Dirk!
Thank you Kego.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hofman View Post
It is! I think I've posted this one before, but here's another one of the cove, a long exposure of about 2 mins IIRC. Gives a better feeling for what the place is like. That shot through the arch does make it feel really different. The shot through the arch is done from the far left of this photo, out to the rock to the left of the shark fin.

Click for the larger size:

Excellent Dirk , have you ever thought about getting some of your photos blown up and printed to metal. this one would come out just superb. My daughter has done the to some of hers and they are very cool. It's kinda spendy but makes it into a long lasting work of art

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 09-16-2020, 12:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Excellent Dirk , have you ever thought about getting some of your photos blown up and printed to metal. this one would come out just superb. My daughter has done the to some of hers and they are very cool. It's kinda spendy but makes it into a long lasting work of art
Thanks Kev, this one I've printed a few times on regular gloss paper. I've never done metal printing, but I agree this one would lend itself well to that. Gave this to a buddy for a milestone birthday, he had been around when I picked up the print and appeared to like it.

I want to print it larger than the file will actually allow, there's just not enough resolution for a really big print. I plan to go back and re-shoot it with multiple frames stitched together in Lightroom. I won't be able to get as much blur on the water as with multiple frames I'll need to move more quickly. This was shot in early morning light and it changes really fast for a long exposure. Going to be a challenge to get the time right with multiple frames.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Thanks Kev, this one I've printed a few times on regular gloss paper. I've never done metal printing, but I agree this one would lend itself well to that. Gave this to a buddy for a milestone birthday, he had been around when I picked up the print and appeared to like it.

I want to print it larger than the file will actually allow, there's just not enough resolution for a really big print. I plan to go back and re-shoot it with multiple frames stitched together in Lightroom. I won't be able to get as much blur on the water as with multiple frames I'll need to move more quickly. This was shot in early morning light and it changes really fast for a long exposure. Going to be a challenge to get the time right with multiple frames.
I haven't tried it, but I think Topaz has a tool for "boosting" the pixel count for bigger prints than normal. Not sure if it works, or how well it works, but their software gets great reviews and I have a couple photographer friends who use it and they seem to like it.

A bunch of stuff...lol
Old 09-16-2020, 01:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I haven't tried it, but I think Topaz has a tool for "boosting" the pixel count for bigger prints than normal. Not sure if it works, or how well it works, but their software gets great reviews and I have a couple photographer friends who use it and they seem to like it.
Wow, thanks! The app is Topaz Gigapixel AI, and just ran it. Takes a while to download and to do the processing on the image, but I bumped it up to 4x size (it goes up to 6x) and the result is fantastic! Too large to post to Imgur.

Looks to be a great tool, and you saved me a lot of time and effort!
Old 09-16-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Wow, thanks! The app is Topaz Gigapixel AI, and just ran it. Takes a while to download and to do the processing on the image, but I bumped it up to 4x size (it goes up to 6x) and the result is fantastic! Too large to post to Imgur.

Looks to be a great tool, and you saved me a lot of time and effort!
Awesome! I've been on the fence as far as buying it goes , but your review might just have talked me into it!

Glad to hear it worked!

A bunch of stuff...lol
Old 09-16-2020, 02:03 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Awesome! I've been on the fence as far as buying it goes , but your review might just have talked me into it!

Glad to hear it worked!
I sent you a link to the original and the new larger one in PM. Thought you might want to have a look and see if you like the results before you buy.

I"ll say the original isn't tack sharp, assume it's the long exposure and something moved slightly.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:22 PM

I haven't been for a quiet sit in the Cathedral cloisters here since a while before the Covid lockdown, probably not this year. Time for a stroll down this weekend I think. You walk in past this . . .

. . . to get here, alone if you're lucky . . .

Old 09-17-2020, 03:54 PM
Charter Member

A couple more from our trip to Grand Marais, MN last week.

This is taken from Pincushion Mountain, a few miles up the Gunflint Trail from Grand Marais. From here, it's a bit less than two miles as the crow flies to the town. The harbour is just visible in the distance beyond the tree, dead center, with Artist's Point, a well-known GM spot being the piece sticking out to the left.

And this is Artist's Point from rather closer.

For perspective, this is the harbour and Artist's Point taken from the same location last year with a rather different camera/lens setup.

Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 09-17-2020, 04:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magirus View Post
I haven't been for a quiet sit in the Cathedral cloisters here since a while before the Covid lockdown, probably not this year. Time for a stroll down this weekend I think. You walk in past this . . .

. . . to get here, alone if you're lucky . . .
I particularly like the second one of these - there's something about a cloister...
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 09-19-2020, 09:47 AM
Charter Member

Utah Rocks!

Old 09-19-2020, 10:59 AM

Default Share Your Photos V

I got into digital photography about three years ago and started showing pictures at local art shows and online two years ago.

christianmuellerphotography.com
Christian

Last edited by birkenweg42; 09-19-2020 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:00 AM

Christian
Old 09-19-2020, 11:03 AM

Christian
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic