The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 09-11-2021, 03:46 PM
AGF Sponsor

This morning McCabe's posted a nice photo of our stuff on their Instagram page. I gotta pinch myself. How wonderful can it get?

Feel free to bop in for a visit.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTsSZqbPwkD/

Thanks,
Scott & Rhonda
Old 09-14-2021, 07:45 PM
AGF Sponsor

This has been so much fun.

McCabe's. I'm still pinching myself.

Thanks to all of your for your support through the years. Can't believe we're already in our sixth year and into the second half of our existence. All from a dude who started making picks only for himself to play.

sm
Old 09-20-2021, 09:30 PM
AGF Sponsor

More dealers coming on board soon. We're growing.

sm
Old 09-20-2021, 09:35 PM

Great news Scott, will look forward to see who is next to come on board!
-Organic Sounds Select Guitars
-Down Home Guitars
Old 09-21-2021, 11:27 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakewoodM32Fan View Post
Great news Scott, will look forward to see who is next to come on board!
Lake, thanks. It's been a slow build. We never pursued outside dealers due to our long lead times and glacially-slow production. Casein is SO HARD to work on, but so fabulous when you get it right. We've spent probably close to 10,000 hours getting it right, and easily five figures in financial investment. I'm a maniac. It's only through sheer stubbornness and cussedness that I got it right. The next phase is to mechanize those processes, which has begun, and, ultimately, to automate. This is a long-term goal of three to five years.

The most satisfying thing to me is that we're known throughout the industry now, at least in the high-end pick world, and that only comes with time and longevity. I read recently that more than 50% of new businesses fail in the first five years, so we're over that hump. Now it's time to rock-n-roll. We've certainly paid our dues.

Thanks for your undying support. I think I saw you bought those plane tickets. Are you flying out to Chicago to go guitar shopping soon?

Take Care,
Scott

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 09-21-2021 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:52 PM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks to everyone at AGF for your continued support and interest (we're now in our sixth year). McCabe's is doing very well with our line.

I should mention also that our retailer in Australia emailed us earlier in the week and is preparing a reorder. They really like our line, and tell us it has been very well received by their customers.

We're building our dealer base slowly. The worst thing a small business can do in this country is try to grow too fast. A lot more companies in America go out of business from growing too fast rather than growing at a steady, controlled pace. Tortoise vs hare. I'm pleased to say we've never borrowed a nickel in building CLP. We have zero debt and pay cash for everything. If we want a piece of equipment for our shop but don't have the money, we don't buy it. Period. And we don't finance things either. So we're positioned very well for the next five years.

A safe and healthy weekend to everyone.

scott & rhonda

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 09-24-2021 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-06-2021, 11:16 AM
AGF Sponsor

McCabes never really dabbled in high-end picks before, so we started them off with our entry-level casein and Vespel models. However, they've really begun to sell through their initial order, so they'll probably be adding some of our best-selling artisan blue and flame casein models on their next order.

scott memmer
Old 10-14-2021, 03:50 PM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks for looking. A month in, things appear to be going well with our line at McCabes. Looks like we're well-positioned for their holiday sales.

Our dealer in Melbourne, Australia, is really kicking trail. We're thrilled to be associated with Acoustic Centre, the #1 boutique guitar dealership in the country.

https://www.acousticcentre.com.au/

For those of you who live Down Under, Acoustic Centre is placing an order to stock up for the holidays. They will have a very good selection of our products going into Nov-Dec-January. Also, they do a strong job with internet sales, and most of our products they've sold have been with their showroom completely closed (Melbourne has been on full COVID lockdown for weeks now).

They will even be carrying our flagship Iridescence teardrop, inlaid with our logo in genuine mother-of-pearl. If you're an Aussie, this is the place to shop.

Thanks to our supporting dealers. You'll see a lot more dealers popping up around the country over the next few months.

Be Well,
Scott & Rhonda

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 10-14-2021 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-17-2021, 11:04 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hope you all have a great week.

Scott & Rhonda
Old 11-17-2021, 11:12 AM
AGF Sponsor

What can I say? It doesn't get any better than having your products in McCabe's. They're doing well with these models. Go on by and say hi.

Old 02-10-2022, 05:10 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hi, Everyone. Since they are less than an hour from my home, I have been able to visit McCabe's about once every 60 days.

To be honest (and I'm sure they would degree), the high-end pick them has been a learning curve for them, as they've never delved into this part of the market. However, that being said, they have begun to carry to a wider selection of our picks, and both they and we are optimistic about future growth as partners in this journey.

Please, if you frequent McCabe's, or if you live in or plan on visiting SoCal in the future, pay them a visit. We've supplied them with a healthy dose of demo picks, and there will be occasions going forward where they may very well have something in stock on something for which we have a two-week lead time.

OTHER DEALER NEWS: We are having very productive conversations (which are part of a much longer conversation) with similar legacy dealers around the country. Samples are out there, being very well received. Stand by for some major dealer news in the coming months.

On a related issue, we've invested heavily in new tooling that will allow us to increase our volume and production as we move into the fourth quarter of 2022 (I gotta figure out how to use these things first).

Feast your eyes on our new design. Some of these are so new, they're not even up on our site yet. ALL picks shipping from Feb 15th forward -- with the exception of our models with grip holes -- will come with our new Shamrock design. We're very excited about the future.

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 02-12-2022 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-18-2022, 08:03 PM
AGF Sponsor

Will be shipping a number of new models next week to our friends on Pico Blvd.

sm
Old 02-21-2022, 11:35 AM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks for reading.

Scott
Old 02-23-2022, 10:54 PM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks to McCabe's for promoting and selling our products.
Old 02-26-2022, 02:24 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default McCabe's Now Heavily Stocked on Charmed Life Picks!

UPDATE February 26, 2022: We're thrilled to announce that McCabe's in Santa Monica is now stocked up on fifteen (15) different CLP Models.

This includes all the models pictured below, in all our shapes and materials, including some not shown. For over five years Charmed Life Picks has housed the industry's largest selection of high-end picking materials under one roof. That's a fact. We've also supplied McCabe's with more than ten clean demo picks in these same materials. And it gets better.

You can play our picks for free on some of the best guitars in the world, including Martin, Taylor, Collings, Bourgeois, Eastman, Guild and Yamaha, as well as mandolins from Collings, Eastman, Blueridge. Here's the direct link to McCabe's website: https://www.mccabes.com/?v=7516fd43adaa

Last edited by Charmed Life Picks; 02-26-2022 at 02:47 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace