The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-27-2020, 08:23 PM

Default Fender Acoustasonic 30 Mic Channel

Hey y'all.

I played a gig last night and was very frustrated. After about 45 minutes, my mic channel started to crackle and cut out. It started strong, but then it fizzled. The guitar channel, however, worked great all night.

After some looking messing around, I am operating under the assumption that it could be one of the following things:

- overheating - the mic channel is right near the power cable
- bad wiring (although I'm unclear how it would start strong and then falter later)
- bad mic or cable (although, like the wiring, that doesn't answer why it would work and then not)

Any other ideas or ways I could try to fix this? I'm not near a music shop to get it repaired and it's not under warranty, so I'd like to try to fix it before I look at making a trip somewhere to get it fixed or try out new amps.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:14 PM

I called a the closest shop I could find with an amp tech and he told me that it was likely due to either pots that hadn't been used in a while or an input that is going bad. He said that, now that it's started, it will start earlier and earlier, so I've got it turned on, a mic plugged in, and I turned the knobs a bunch. I'm periodically trying to the microphone. So far, no crackles. Hopefully it's just the fact that the only knob I typically use on the mic channel is the volume. Would be nice to have a cheap fix for once!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
acoustasonic 30, amp, fender, mic channel