The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 04-07-2019, 06:30 PM

"O.k.....you got me a little "teary" with this one!! The song, the ensemble.........the voices........the playing........the family memories for posterity that this will keep forever with this performance. Just awesome........."

I can't put it any better than Island Guitar did in the quote above. Just fantastic. That song has always melted my butter. Am a bit envious. I have done some twinkle twinkle with my young grandkids but nothing that equates to the brilliance of this.

You sir, are one blessed man!
Taylor T5Z
Big Muddy Mandolin-Ziricote b&s
Old 04-07-2019, 07:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by min7b5 View Post
Sweet!
Hi Eric!

Thanks so much for taking the time to watch and comment here! I sure have been loving your videos lately! Well... I've been loving them since the first one I ever saw!

Much appreciated Eric!
- Glenn
Old 04-07-2019, 07:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
No offense to you or your son, but there is one star on this video LOL and she is in the middle of you two. Fantastic. My favorite show and tell you have ever posted Glenn.
Thank you Tom!

I have to laugh at your comment because I knew very well who the star of this video was before I ever recorded or filmed anything. You can tell by the camera shots who I have my eye on! So, no offense taken at all!!

I'm so very appreciative of your comments, Tom! I, too, think this is the best video I have ever made, and it's only because I got some serious help from my grand daughter and my son. I'm very pleased that you felt that this came out well!

- Glenn
Old 04-07-2019, 07:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Outstanding Glenn, Kudos to your son and and granddaughter great voice
Thank you Kev!

Your comments are greatly appreciated because I know that you know what it takes to make something like this happen. There are a lot of pieces to fit together.

By the way, I got a green screen, but it's full of creases. I need to get my wife to help me iron the thing so I can use it. I tried it with the creases and as you can imagine, it was pretty messy.

I hope all is well for you Kevin!

- Glenn
Old 04-07-2019, 07:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62&climbing View Post
"O.k.....you got me a little "teary" with this one!! The song, the ensemble.........the voices........the playing........the family memories for posterity that this will keep forever with this performance. Just awesome........."

I can't put it any better than Island Guitar did in the quote above. Just fantastic. That song has always melted my butter. Am a bit envious. I have done some twinkle twinkle with my young grandkids but nothing that equates to the brilliance of this.

You sir, are one blessed man!
Hi '62,

Thank you! And yes, I know I am a blessed man. Sometimes things fall into place. Life is short, as we all know, and a person's gotta smell the roses when he or she can. And you have to make your memories, find opportunities to celebrate the good things.

I am so glad you enjoyed this! And there is nothing wrong with Twinkle, Twinkle, either! You enjoy your grandkids!!!

Thanks for your comments and for watching this, '62!

- Glenn
Old 04-07-2019, 08:22 PM
Charter Member

Wow, Glenn... that was awesome! The von Trapp Family Singers have got nothin' on the Willow Family!!!

I loved it... I'll enjoy listening to this several times. Thank you for sharing.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Wow, Glenn... that was awesome! The von Trapp Family Singers have got nothin' on the Willow Family!!!

I loved it... I'll enjoy listening to this several times. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you Kerbie!

I'm so glad you had time to listen and that you enjoyed this! I know you have been very busy!

And listening several times is GOOD! Thank you for that! Thanks so much for taking the time to comment here, Kerbie!

- Glenn
Old 04-07-2019, 09:02 PM
Charter Member

Wow! That was fantastic musically and on so many other levels too. Thank you for putting it together and sharing it here. Emma's voice is beautiful and she makes it look so effortless... She's got some serious talent. The guitar, bass, and BGVs were all spot on as well. You, sir, are a very blessed man. Thank you for sharing that blessing with us all.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggamuffin View Post
Wow! That was fantastic musically and on so many other levels too. Thank you for putting it together and sharing it here. Emma's voice is beautiful and she makes it look so effortless... She's got some serious talent. The guitar, bass, and BGVs were all spot on as well. You, sir, are a very blessed man. Thank you for sharing that blessing with us all.
Hi Raggamuffin!

Thank you! I greatly appreciate your comments and the time you put into watching the video!

I can't help listening to this myself because Emma's voice is so magic, she is so light and airy on the notes, so very musical. And Ian has added so much with his harmony ideas, his voice, and his classy bass playing. And he spent quite a bit of time blending the background vocals on the audio, so a lot of that resultant sound is really a tribute to Ian's skill as a composer and engineer.

I am a blessed man, I know that, but thank you for your confirmation!

I really appreciate your comments on this! Thanks so much!

I am really so happy that people are appreciating this. The comments really help me feel that it was all worth the effort over the last week.

- Glenn
Old 04-07-2019, 09:45 PM
Charter Member

This is wonderful man! Bet you're super proud.

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com
Old 04-07-2019, 11:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinfurlow View Post
This is wonderful man! Bet you're super proud.
Thank you Dustin!

How gracious of you to take the time to watch and comment here, as I know you are very busy these days! I am so pleased that you like how this came out!

I feel very good about the experience of working with Ian and Emma. They are both great people and as you know, it's wonderful to work with musicians you respect and admire. And, I feel very good about how lovely this sounds around Emma's voice.

Thanks so much Dustin!

- Glenn
Old 04-08-2019, 04:03 AM

Wonderful production and recording! So smooth and elegant! Great family harmony always touches me!
Emma has a great voice. You and Ian are beaming proud! (as you should be)
2012 RainSong H DR 1000(original owner)
2011 Gretsch Anniversary Model(original owner)
Mandolin- 1920's A-Style (unknown brand)
Mandolin- Fender Mandostrat
Banjo -2016 Gold Tone EBM-5+
Fender 2013- Strat
Old 04-08-2019, 08:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Stylish View Post
Wonderful production and recording! So smooth and elegant! Great family harmony always touches me!
Emma has a great voice. You and Ian are beaming proud! (as you should be)
Hi Vance,

Thanks so much for watching and for your comments here! I am so pleased that you like this performance! Yes, Emma does have a very sweet and unique voice and she has uncanny pitch control. There is no pitch correction anywhere on this video, not that I have ever used it before.

Yes, Ian and I are both proud of Emma as both a singer and a person.

Thanks so much, Vance!

- Glenn
Old 04-08-2019, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Thank you Kev!

Your comments are greatly appreciated because I know that you know what it takes to make something like this happen. There are a lot of pieces to fit together.

By the way, I got a green screen, but it's full of creases. I need to get my wife to help me iron the thing so I can use it. I tried it with the creases and as you can imagine, it was pretty messy.

I hope all is well for you Kevin!

- Glenn
Yes creases/wrinkles are an issue (and perhaps you already know this BUT )the creases are actually much less of problem with good filtered photography lighting.
In the green screen video I posted, the green screen looked like this (picture) with just the normal room lights, but with the filtered lights it turned out to be fixable in the video editing process ( but I had to look at several Youtube videos) before I found the actual adjustments to address it and then play with the settings.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 04-08-2019, 09:01 AM
Charter Member

Thanks for the ideas on the green screen Kev! I'll have to do a little more homework on this!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell