The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-27-2012, 02:11 PM

Question !! I scored a deal !!

At least I think so...

Found this used on the guitar center website used for $169 - I figured it was worth the gamble. It was marked as "Dean Markley ASD acoustic amp"; I saw in the picture that the amp has two speakers so that's gotta be the 2x8 50 watt AG DS-4...right? Couldn't figure out how to attach the pic that came with my receipt...

I know it's used, but that's a screamin' deal (I thought). I almost called Guitar Center in Nebraska, but I didn't want to have somebody buy it out from under me in the meantime. I got the pro coverage too and if I don't like it I can take it back to a local Guitar Center. The most I'll lose out on is the shipping. I hope it doesn't go that way though. = )

I've read many a thread of you guys suggesting and singing praises of the DS-4! So here's to hoping that mine is on the way!

Cheers
Old 09-27-2012, 02:26 PM

Congrats - when are you expecting the amp in your hands? I don't know anything about that amp but a search revealed the AG50DS4 50W 2x8, as you noted ($449 at MF). Perhaps you're getting an older model?

Can't wait to hear about the results!
Old 09-27-2012, 03:53 PM

6-7 days or so...
Gonna be a long wait!!
STOKED though = )
Old 10-03-2012, 07:22 AM

Default It's here!

So I got the amp yesterday and after playing on it for several hours I am very happy to say the least.

My amp didn't come with instructions so I'll have to look that up, but I was wondering if fellow DS4 users out there would be willing to post what settings they use. I tested the effects, but it sounded like a bunch of different reverbs - like I say, I'll be looking up the manual. Any info you'd like to share would be great!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar_goob View Post
So I got the amp yesterday and after playing on it for several hours I am very happy to say the least.

My amp didn't come with instructions so I'll have to look that up, but I was wondering if fellow DS4 users out there would be willing to post what settings they use. I tested the effects, but it sounded like a bunch of different reverbs - like I say, I'll be looking up the manual. Any info you'd like to share would be great!
Hi gg...

Go Here - CLick

There is a clickable list of effects somewhere down the page.

And if you have questions, call them. UltraSound is still the same guys running the shop as before Dean Markley bought the company. They answer the phone and they know their amps.

Greg Farres is the inventor and still is innovating as much as ever. He's a hoot to chat with too. Really knows the amps...

Hope this helps...

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification