The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-17-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
I will try playing in my sleep too...might be on to something ...sleep strings... sorry, may have read it wrong ...in other words..my way...
😂 this is making me rethink the lyric meaning behind “I’m Only Sleeping” ...
Old 08-17-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondoggie999 View Post
😂 this is making me rethink the lyric meaning behind “I’m Only Sleeping” ...
Glad I could help..I think
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 08-30-2019, 04:40 PM

Default SP(y) vs SP(y)

Well the audio clips on the Authentic SP's (MA540) got a little muddled for some reason, especially on the initial snippets, but by the end it got better. My apologies, I do not know what happened there and I did not catch the error in time.

It's a moot point anyway, as the MSP4100's are no more.

But for what it's worth, here's the comparison:
https://youtu.be/0iEJGJ0kbZo

Old 08-30-2019, 05:12 PM
Charter Member

From that last clip, I prefer the Authentic Acoustic over the Authentic SP. Free opinion (no refunds).
Old 08-30-2019, 08:42 PM

I like the mellower tone of the new SPs personally. You seem to lose a bit of projection with them though. Thanks for taking the time
Old 09-14-2019, 06:18 AM

I've tried the old version SP 13s on my leviora carbon fiber guitar. The tone is good and can survive around 1.5 mths. It's lucky that i got 10 sets from my local store during 90% off. One thing i notice that carbon fiber guitars are not picky to stings, but it seems more obvious when changing time comes. The dead strings tone is more terrible comparing with wooden guitar

Grace Felix
L.R.Baggs Mixpro
Zoom A3

Trace Elliot TA40CR
Henriksen the Bud ten
Old 09-14-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasfan1 View Post
I've tried the old version SP 13s on my leviora carbon fiber guitar. The tone is good and can survive around 1.5 mths. It's lucky that i got 10 sets from my local store during 90% off. One thing i notice that carbon fiber guitars are not picky to stings, but it seems more obvious when changing time comes. The dead strings tone is more terrible comparing with wooden guitar
I think it is guitar dependent, and that is just with observation with 2 CF guitars. The Shorty was easily the most picky guitar I've ever owned with respect to string choices. The Journey OF660 almost sounds good with anything I put on it, but I agree that that CF guitars seem to amplify string qualities better than wood guitars. Only guessing here, but maybe due the hard reflective surfaces, lack of bracing and devoid of any organic factors?
Old 09-14-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
I think it is guitar dependent, and that is just with observation with 2 CF guitars. The Shorty was easily the most picky guitar I've ever owned with respect to string choices. The Journey OF660 almost sounds good with anything I put on it, but I agree that that CF guitars seem to amplify string qualities better than wood guitars. Only guessing here, but maybe due the hard reflective surfaces, lack of bracing and devoid of any organic factors?
I also suspect that strings on carbon fiber guitar go dead quicker than wooden guitar. Don't know whether it's true...

Grace Felix
L.R.Baggs Mixpro
Zoom A3

Trace Elliot TA40CR
Henriksen the Bud ten

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber