The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-04-2019, 12:12 PM
Charter Member

Cool Hot! But Not Too Hot to Play!

I don't play my electric guitar as much as I have in the past, these days... and yesterday, my little home got REALLY heated up from the day...

So, I had the room sealed up, a light fan going... and I figured, "Let's play some smoke-y blues stuff...!"

Just had a GAS playing for an hour or so... using this little cheese-y Tomsline pedal called a "Bluesey", which gives 'just a touch" of early break-up to the tone, that nice "crack" that tube amps get at a bit more volume...

I've put so much time and energy to get my '74 Gibson ES-345 to play and feel the way I want it... and I forget what a TREMENDOUS playing guitar it is now...

Sometimes, all it takes is a little time and some electric guitar to "cool things off" just right!
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 08-04-2019, 12:35 PM

I love it, yes very cool guitar and amps. Glad you had a great time. I need to play my electrics more as well...their time is coming.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:26 AM
Charter Member

Yeah, it's funny... I can pass on playing electric very easily, even though everything I want to play is right in front of me, always!

I live alone (with a Boston Terrier puppy!), and have a small, small place now - the picture before was my last place which was easily6x the size of this one! - so, on stands in front of me are 2 6 string acoustics, one 12 string acoustic and my Gibson...

All I have to do is pick the thing up, hit a switch (oops! plug in that Bluesey pedal!) and go... but it's so much easier to just grab an acoustic and play a bit, especially if I'm working on some new song or idea... and, even though I'm fairly well isolated, I worry about bugging my neighbors at odd hours. I'm usually fine if I close the kitchen window, but it's been too darned hot to close up anything around here of late! (I noticed in you're in So Cal, where I was raised... our hot up here is NOTHING like your hot!)

Well, one thing's for sure... your electric guitars will welcome you back with open arms, once you remember how to play them!
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars