The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-31-2021, 06:40 AM
Charter Member

Man, that's a big win. Makes you feel good about owning a Collings. The Boutique manufacturers really are a cut above the rest.
| 1968 Martin D-28 | 1949 Gibson J-45 | 1955 Gibson LG-2 | Santa Cruz 000 Cocobolo / Italian Spruce | Martin D-18 1939 Authentic Aged | Martin Gruhn Guitars Custom D-21 Adi/Madi | Gibson J-45 | Fender American Elite Telecaster | Fender American Standard Stratocaster | Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson Les Paul Studio | PRS Custom 24 10-Top | Gibson Les Paul 1960 Reissue (R0) |
Old 03-31-2021, 08:11 AM

Wow! That right there makes me want to own a Collings! That is some cs!
Old 03-31-2021, 08:53 AM
Charter Member

That's customer service right there.
Old 03-31-2021, 09:24 AM

Love to hear about a manufacturer of any kind, step up to the plate like this.
I’ve been on the Collings Bandwagon for a few years now. Two acoustics and a mandolin.
Happy to hear I’ve invested my hard earned money into such a great company and their wonderful instruments.
Old 03-31-2021, 09:24 AM
Resident Guitar Hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanosecond View Post
From Collings, for the win:

This is an issue I recognize, and though you’re not the original owner, I would like to offer fix it under warranty for you. You would be responsible for the cost of shipping to and from our shop. We would cover the work to fix the finish which involves removing the neck, stripping, refinishing, re-assembly and a plek setup. A repair of this nature can take about 2-3 months to complete but we will work to finish faster than that.
Bravo, Collings! Can’t say I’m surprised, though. I’m the second owner of my Collings but every time I’ve talked to their customer service they’ve treated me just the same as if I was the original owner. A quality company making quality guitars…and offering quality customer service.

FOR SALE: 2023 Martin 000-15SM 12 fret w/ K&K mini

Old 03-31-2021, 10:20 AM

wow, that's good service!
Old 03-31-2021, 10:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyhu View Post
Contact Collings. They may not fix it for you for free, but they will treat you well, and might have some useful input to share with you.
This ! Speak to Mark Althans - he's great.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:20 AM

IÂ’ve been wanting to check out Collings and now will definitely take a look. Good companies stand behind the product not just the first buyer which makes their products more valuable. ItÂ’s just a good business policy that makes sense.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:03 PM
Charter Member

Bravo. That response is an example of EXACTLY how they are. That’s how Bill was, and he left it behind deeply seated in each and every one of them.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

This is an issue I recognize, and though you’re not the original owner, I would like to offer fix it under warranty for you. You would be responsible for the cost of shipping to and from our shop. We would cover the work to fix the finish which involves removing the neck, stripping, refinishing, re-assembly and a plek setup. A repair of this nature can take about 2-3 months to complete but we will work to finish faster than that.
Excellent!

yrs ago I bought a used Collings OM and the bridge came right off within a day. Called Collings, they looked up the serial number and offered to pay for a local repair guy to fix.

Collings/Waterloo is a class act.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:

This reflects precisely my experiences with Collings. I love the guitars. I find them sensational. But the company is the best I've ever had contact with.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:39 PM
Charter Member

Great company, great guitars.

Chris Stern

Guitars by:

Bown Wingert Kinscherff Sobell Circa Olson Ryan Fay Kopp McNally Santa Cruz McAlister Beneteau Fairbanks Franklin Collings Tippin Martin Lowden Northworthy Pre-War GC Taylor Fender Höfner

44 in total (no wife)

Around 30 other instruments

Anyone know a good psychiatrist?

www.chrisstern.com
Old 04-02-2021, 01:17 AM

Top service from Collings.

@Nanosecond Can you please post when you get the guitar back, let us know what it's like? I'll bet it will come back as new, Collings won't just do the minimum needed to repair the finish - albeit that is quite an involved process - but will give the whole guitar a going-over.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:12 AM

Will do!
It will be a bit before I send it off. After a major purge, I'm down to one acoustic (the Collings) and one electric (AV65 Jazzmaster). I've got a custom Martin coming in a month or so. I'll use its box to ship to Collings!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
collings, fingerboard, finish, neck, repair