The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-17-2013, 08:31 PM

Default Your Precious Time (original)

Here's the new version of my song "your precious time," now with vocals.

I posted this a month or so ago and was told to bring down the percussive hits and bring up the notes. I will continue to work on evening out the dynamic, but I think this is an improvement. Hope you enjoy, as always I'd appreciate any feedback

http://soundcloud.com/adam-broughton...ious-time-edit

http://www.facebook.com/Abaybropage
Old 05-18-2013, 05:12 AM

Who would have had the gumption to tell you that?!! Sounds much better to my ears, Adam. Now you need to bring your voice up a little more. It's probably my poor hearing, but I could barely make out the words in the chorus and couldn't hear them in the verses. Your voice sounds on key, and your expression was good, so let it be heard louder and clearer, my friend!!

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)
Old 05-18-2013, 06:17 AM

Nice job. I didn't hear the prior version but this one is cool. I like the groove, but as Bob said, the vocals need to come up. I always tell people to remember that the mix should be like what you see on stage. Singer out front with vocals leading the way. Guitar player behind him with the guitar supporting the vocals and occasionally stepping to front for a solo. Percussion is way in the back supporting the guitar. I sort of hear the opposite in this mix. I hear the percussion over guitar over vocals. Need to learn to bring up guitar and soften percussion while playing, then bring vocals over top of that in the mix. Well done on a cool song!

Ranger's Soundclick page

Roy's Reverbnation page
Old 05-18-2013, 08:08 AM

Thanks for the tips guys, and for listening! Glad you hear a difference Bob! Next time maybe I'll record vocals separate from guitar to control the levels better...more focus on the guitar wouldn't hurt either I suppose, so i can try bring down the percussion more. but ultimately I want to be able to preform this with pleasing levels, so I'll keep working on it!

http://www.facebook.com/Abaybropage

Last edited by Abaybro; 05-18-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:34 PM

Very good @Abaybro ....... Try to record as you say, vocals and guitar in different channels But it is already well done !

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Tags
original, percussive, vocals