The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 12:08 PM
Charter Member

Default SOLD. 2008 Gibson J-185CE, Bozeman Plant - photos added

The Gibson has been sold.

Some of you may dismiss this as a sob story intended to drum up sympathy. I’m sorry to say, it is the truth. I’ve had a couple of bad health surprises in 2020 – ones that go beyond the COVID-19 threat. As such, I want to spare my wife the task of selling my guitars should that prove to be necessary.

The first guitar I’m listing for sale is a 2008 Gibson J-185CE that is in excellent condition. I intend to list this guitar on Reverb at a price that is competitive with other J-185ECs, but hope to find a buyer here on the AGF at a savings: $2090. Buyer to cover shipping costs and fees.

https://reverb.com/item/35657425-gib...ntique-natural

Some specifics:
• Solid Sitka spruce top
• Solid maple back & sides
• Rosewood fingerboard
• Nut width: 1.725", 24.75" scale
• Factory-installed electronics: Fishman Aura Pro w/tuner & anti-feedback circuit
• Flamed maple neck, sides, and back
• Gold Gotoh tuners
• OEM hardshell case
• String height at 12th fret: 4/32” low E; 3/32” high e
• String spacing at the bridge: 2 3/16”
• New set of phosphor bronze 12s

The frets were recently crowned by the previous owner. (I am the second owner.) All electronics are in working condition. The nitro finish has aged nicely. The woods have a lovely "antique natural" finish. No repairs, and no significant dings, dents, or scratches. There are a few light marks in the finish on the rear of the guitar just below the neck joint. The fret board binding has a small amount of flaking next to the low E string at frets 11 and 12. These are truly minor things that do not detract from the overall condition of the guitar, but are mentioned here in the spirit of full disclosure..

Here is a description from the Gibson site: "The legacy of Gibson’s line of celebrated Jumbos is not lost in the J-185 EC. This eye-catching model builds on the traditional foundation of Gibson’s Jumbo body style, and moves into the present vanguard with a cutaway design for easier playability, along with several elegant, modern appointments for increased aesthetic appeal. The sound is everything you expect from a Gibson Jumbo: warm, huge low end with ringing, harmonically rich treble response, capable of achieving a pure dynamic contrast, which makes it the perfect acoustic for just about any musical genre."

Thanks for looking. Larry
Taylor 714ce; Wechter/Scheerhorn square neck reso; Gibson TG-25, HP665; Rockbridge 000 Custom BZ; Guild DS-240, F112; Martin HD-28, J-40, D-15SS; Northwood L-00; Regal resonator; Furch Vintage 3 OM-SR; Larrivee L-03W; Gretsch resonator; Mackenzie/Marr Ian Tyson;

Last edited by norseman; 09-09-2020 at 11:30 AM. Reason: sold
Old 09-07-2020, 12:21 PM
Charter Member

Smile Yikes!

Sending good vibes for your health issues!!!

Best on this sale, too.

Salud

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 09-09-2020, 04:59 AM
Charter Member

Default To the top

Let's give this listing a bump to the top. I've had several offers on reverb, but the mandatory fees are a big factor in deciding whether to accept or not.
Taylor 714ce; Wechter/Scheerhorn square neck reso; Gibson TG-25, HP665; Rockbridge 000 Custom BZ; Guild DS-240, F112; Martin HD-28, J-40, D-15SS; Northwood L-00; Regal resonator; Furch Vintage 3 OM-SR; Larrivee L-03W; Gretsch resonator; Mackenzie/Marr Ian Tyson;
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
gibson acoustic, jumbo, maple back and sides