The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-22-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
A Furch Yellow plus cedar over walnut or hog is my dream guitar (the old G23C-CW). Good luck with the purchase, let us know when you get it (NGD post!)
Thanks!

I'll do it as a separate post, as you suggest.

I was torn between the G and OM sizes, but I have other G-sized guitars, and I mostly enjoy playing fingerstyle stuff.
Fender Ultra Stratocaster HSS
D'Angelico Excel SS (black)
Reverend Charger HC
Gordon Smith Deluxe Export Semi Hollow
Epiphone Les Paul Special
Vigier G.V. Hollow
Old 04-22-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarMoxy View Post
Thanks!

I'll do it as a separate post, as you suggest.

I was torn between the G and OM sizes, but I have other G-sized guitars, and I mostly enjoy playing fingerstyle stuff.

I was mainly a GA style guitar fan but then my wife bought her Furch OM23sf (spruce, flame maple) with the narrow nut width. It made me want to get a Martin OOO28 or similar but then I played the Furch OM34 sr. That one came home with me and is the best acoustic in the house. It also finally cured me of my gas for a Martin.

My son had a Cort OM in mahogany, it’s also a lovely guitar (especially for the price!).

My latest furch is a walnut 12-string dread. I normally wouldn’t have gone for a dread but it came at a price I couldn’t resist and I love it!

Really looking forward to seeing your pics!
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden
Old 04-26-2020, 02:09 PM

The guitar arrived recently. Here's the link to the separate NGD post: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=579403

Thank you to all of you for your comments. I'm very happy with it. The only odd thing is that the hard case, made by Hiscox with Furch branding, is very tight around the guitar.
Reverend Charger HC
Vigier G.V. Hollow

Last edited by GuitarMoxy; 04-26-2020 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarMoxy View Post
The guitar arrived recently. Here's the link to the separate NGD post: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=579403

Thank you to all of you for your comments. I'm very happy with it. The only odd thing is that the hard case, made by Hiscox with Furch branding, is very tight around the guitar.

Don’t worry about the case; Hiscox cases are about the safest out there. I have three - one for my old Guild and one each for my two Furch (my wife’s OM23sf is an older model with the classic tolex case).

Hiscox’s design means the interior is much more impact absorbent than their competition with similar looking cases. Your guitar will sit in the case snugly without risk for movement; the neck is supported at its vulnerable spot (just below the headstock); and just about any reasonable impact will dissipate before affecting the guitar.

When putting it away just gently ease it in and you should be fine.

Now - where’s that NGD post with lots of pictures?
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden
Old 04-27-2020, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieterh View Post
Don’t worry about the case; Hiscox cases are about the safest out there. I have three - one for my old Guild and one each for my two Furch (my wife’s OM23sf is an older model with the classic tolex case).

Hiscox’s design means the interior is much more impact absorbent than their competition with similar looking cases. Your guitar will sit in the case snugly without risk for movement; the neck is supported at its vulnerable spot (just below the headstock); and just about any reasonable impact will dissipate before affecting the guitar.

When putting it away just gently ease it in and you should be fine.

Now - where’s that NGD post with lots of pictures?
Thanks for putting my mind at rest, Pieter. The case really is very tight

Here's the NGD post complete with pictures: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=579403
Reverend Charger HC
Vigier G.V. Hollow

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
furch, furch yellow om cr